🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Identity Verification Help
Page options
wickedmom
Community Member

Identity verification help.

Hello, 

Recently I received my first Upwork job and was just about to get started when Upwork pauses the contract altering me I must upload photo ID and to verify my address which I uploaded over 48 hours ago. I'm getting very worried because my Upwork dashboard is telling me my account is suspended but the email says all I have to do is to verify myself. I must also note that before Upwork decided to put a hold on my account, my profile already had the identification badge as I completed the live video chat with Upwork. Has this happened to anyone else? How long does this usually take to get resolved? Any help is appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6
JoanneP

Hi Chris,

I checked, and it looks like our team reached out to you already regarding your account status. Please refer to your ticket number: 29435101. One of our agents will update your ticket to provide further assistance. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Yes, I already stated that they had emailed me requesting my ID and to verify my address which I already uploaded over 48 hours ago.

This is my second time posting this to try and get help with my verification issue, Upwork isn't responding to any of my emails! 

Hello, 

Recently I received my first Upwork job and was just about to get started when Upwork pauses the contract altering me I must upload photo ID and to verify my address which I uploaded over 48 hours ago. I'm getting very worried because my Upwork dashboard is telling me my account is suspended but the email says all I have to do is to verify myself. I must also note that before Upwork decided to put a hold on my account, my profile already had the identification badge as I completed the live video chat with Upwork. Has this happened to anyone else? How long does this usually take to get resolved? Any help is appreciated!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update, Chris.

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
wickedmom
Community Member

I received an email a few hours later with the same copy and paste response I received in my first email. This is getting incredibly frustrating. The link they sent over for me to upload documents doesn't even work because I've already uploaded those documents over 72 hours ago. 

Hi Chris,

I followed up with our team regarding your concern. One of our team members will update you directly on your ticket. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths