🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Identity verification using National ID
Page options
ibrahimshendy
Community Member

Identity verification using National ID

For my current identity verification the website is asking only for a passport or a Visa to upload, but I don't have neither kind of documents. I only have a national ID. How can I verify my identity? And how that affects me if not verified.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ibrahim,

Thank you for your patience. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ibrahim,

I will look into this further and will get back to you once I have more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I will be waiting. Thanks.

Hi Ibrahim,

Thank you for your patience. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I don't suppose there is a live chat experience you are providing here for support queries. Right?

Hi, I'm in the same situation, having only the national ID, I already verified my identity a year ago via a video call but now I'm getting a message asking me to upload a Visa or a Passport, what should I do?

Hello Ahmad,

You can submit your national ID as well to complete your ID verification on your account. Feel free to message if you need further assistance.

Thank you

Pradeep H

Upwork

What should I choose in the process as there are only two options (Visa and Passport)?

Hi Abd El-Rahman,

I checked and it looks like you have submitted the requirements for verification already. Please allow time for the verification team to review. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I’m facing the same issue. I only have National ID and my options are passport or visa which is not applicable. I already verified my Identity through video call yesterday but I’m still asked to upload passport or visa only

Hi Ahmed,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I’m already waiting since yesterday but there’s no response on the ticket yet

Hi Ahmed,

Please allow our team time to review your case. They will update you directly on the ticket once they have completed the review. Thank you for your patience. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
pal_k
Community Member

Hi,

I'm also facing same issue. I'm not able to make proposals to job. I have already verified my identity using my passport of Indian origin and it's been approved. Now when I try to make proposals I'm asked to verfiy identity again with driving license, US passport or green card or state which I don't have. How can verify my identity? Please help me here quickly, thank you so much.

Pallavi

Hi Pallavi,

I've shared your concern about completing the location verification process with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
5b12ed6e
Community Member

I do have the same trouble with my ID verification. I have national ID and the platform requests only for passport. I will look forward to your help.

thanks,

Hi Eyob,

Thanks for reaching out. Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Please note that the list of documents is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued photo ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process.

~ AJ
Upwork
freelancer-rahat
Community Member

Hello sir,

i don't have National ID ,passport  , i have just my Secondary School Certificate Register card . 

can you help me please, how I will verify my account?

Hi Rahat,

I've escalated your concern to our team. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
muhammadhusnai24
Community Member

Hi...

Ibrahim

I have only my National Id card for verification...But my image on id card is old...My id card image does not match my selfie Now...Please help me Now how I am verified.

Thanks.

Hi Muhammad,

The team has reached out to you regarding your verification process through this support ticket. Kindly follow up and continue to communicate with them if you have any questions so that they can assist you more effectively.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi,

I have the same issue

I have only my National Id card for verification.But my image on id card is old.My id card image does not match my selfie Now.Please help me how I am verified.

Thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths