🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Identity verification
Page options
anhlev23
Community Member

Identity verification

Hello,

I'm currently at the first step of the identity verification process, but I can't even upload my ID image. Only a blank box pops up, then the following message.

anhlev23_0-1637654887501.png

Please let me know how to proceed.

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Anh,

Our team reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

47 REPLIES 47
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anh, 

Before we proceed, could you please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies to see if the issue persists?

~ Avery
Upwork
anhlev23
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I just cleared Chrome's cache, computer's cache, restarted Windows, changed to another browser, and used another device. Nothing worked. I still see the same message.

Hi Anh,

Our team reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I was able to upload my documents.

Thank you for the help!

Hi again,

I received an email saying that my ID has been verified and now I'm good to submit new proposals. However, I have only completed the first step (i.e. verify my documents), and I'm unable to get started on visual verification from my end due to the same issue as stated above.

Can someone get in touch with me for the video call verification?

Thanks a lot! 

Hi Anh,

Thank you for your message. I see that one of our team members has already reached you via a support ticket here with a secure link to upload your ID documents. Please submit your documents via a secure link instead to complete the first step of ID Badge verification. Once done, you can proceed with video verification from this link.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. 

As said, I successfully uploaded my documents via the secure link the support team provided yesterday, and it has been confirmed that my documents were verified and accepted.

anhlev23_1-1637734960211.png

I understand that I now need to go on with the second step which is visual verification so that my profile won't be suspended. However, when I click on the Get Started button this error appears, so I can't schedule a call with support from my end. 

anhlev23_0-1637734506216.png

Hopefully it's clear enough.

Thanks!

Hi Anh,

Thank you for your response. Your step 1 is approved and one of our team members will reach out to you via the same support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi 

I am facing problems on my screen top identity verification required. I posted my Government issue id card and a selfie of my self. But its is still pending. We are reviewing your id and selfie. This message is showing me around 3 4 days.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Waqas,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I need support also. please I can't verify my identity. always shows this error:

pedrocalleja_0-1642692039530.png

Hi Pedro,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork

Yes, I tried that and yet got the same error message.

Hi Pedro,

One of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Yes, I tried that and yet got the same error message. 

Hi Goran, I, too, need to upload my ID but am having trouble getting in touch with anyone at upwork.  When I click the link in the help document, I get a message that there has been an error and I can't find any other place to try and upload it.  Please help if you can!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rick,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
3cc2208f
Community Member

Hello Bojan, I am experiencing similar issues. For some reason it seems impossible to open a ticket yourself as a user, and the chatbot is not helping either. Could you please help me get contacted by an agent to help me get the identity verification completed? Thank you, Luuk

Hi Luuk,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for helping me Goran. I am still not sure what the issue was, but it has been solved quickly now.

Hello, I'm trying to verify my Upwork account from the last 2-3 days but it continuously showing me these messages, I waited 2 days for verification, but nothing happened, Please Help me, Thanks!

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Abdul,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
efbf1d92
Community Member

Okay, I'm waiting for the reply. Thanks

It's still in review to verify my identity even after 3/4 days of submitting my ID image and selfie.
What should I do? Help!!Screenshot from 2023-12-21 00-16-13.png

Hi Gokarna,

I contacted the team handling the review, and they confirmed that your ID has been verified. You can now see the ID Verified badge on your profile to validate this change. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello Arjay,

I got the verified badge, Thanks.

Gokarna

3012a0a6
Community Member

Hello! I'm also having trouble verifying my identity. It's been days but it is still on the pending status and the ID document verification kept on resetting, it's nearing payment and I don't want to get into any complications with getting my salary. Could somebody help me out, or is there another way to verify my identity? Thank you so much!

P.S. It also shows this alert so I'm very worried because it is already December 21 here in the Philippines. Please help me out.

3012a0a6_0-1640058743597.png

Hi Jezel,

Thank you for your message. I checked with the relevant team and they confirmed that you are submitting the same ID document which is already been rejected. Could you please resubmit the ID document again from this page? Check out the list of acceptable documents here.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
zdesign036
Community Member

Hi! 

I am a freelancer on upwork and my Id has been suspended due to visual verification.
I want to know do you match ID card image and the selfie image with upwork profile photo?
I uploaded the ID card image and selfie and my account is suspended.
Kindly help.

Hi Zaid,

I can see Goran has already advised you here. Please continue to communicate directly with our team as they are the ones who can best assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
altamashahmed
Community Member

Hello,
My profile is old and active but not verified.
The ID verification link https://www.upwork.com/ab/identity-verification/ is unaccessible to me.
Please help me out.

Thank You

Hi Altamash,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~Andrea
Upwork
altamashahmed
Community Member

I cannot access the link https://www.upwork.com/ab/identity-verification/ to verify my profile.

Please guide me through.

Thankyou.

fd5aa5dd
Community Member

I am also facing an identity verification issue.

Yesterday I did id verification and a message is showing We’re reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1 business day, but after one-day identity verification is still pending. Please resolve my issue

Hi Muhammad,

Please allow a full 24 hours to pass for the team to review your submission.

If another 24 hours pass and you still haven't seen any change please follow up with us.

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

Hello Team,

I am new to the Upwork platform. I have created my profile, successfully submitted my ID, done the readiness test. It's been 1 month now and yet my account is not yet verified. Kindly help resolve this issue.

Regards,

Sandra.

Hi Sandra,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~Andrea
Upwork
tohexey
Community Member

Hi Andrea, I'm Toheeb Yusuf, so 2 years or so ago i opened upwork but i have not been active on the platform because i have been busy fine tuning my skills, now i am back and ready to work but my account seems to have issues as i cannot verify my ID I am seeing Military and i never joined Military or change my profile to public. What should i do

Hi Toheeb,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that you can't request ID verification. Only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge. If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account. Please know that Military Veteran verification is optional. You can find more information in this help article

Additionally, your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths