cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity

Wainright A Member Since: Jan 31, 2019
1 of 4

My country, Liberia, is not listed. Also, I am an international student studying in FL, USA but I do not currently have any of the requested ID to prove I stay in the US.

Ace Contributor
Md. Arafat - Member Since: Apr 5, 2018
2 of 4

U.S. freelancer trying to access location-specific jobs? Go to Find Work to confirm your location.

This article is about verification requests received that sends you to a form asking for your (1) Government-issued ID card or passport and (2) Residency verification document. Verification form only asking for your ID and not a residency document? That’s a different process with different ID requirements.

Md Arafat
Wainright A Member Since: Jan 31, 2019
3 of 4

Thank you. I am an international student in the U.S. and I do not have all of the required IDs. Plus my country, Liberia is not listed on the listing of countries to be selected.

Community Guru
Vivek K Member Since: May 28, 2016
4 of 4

If you are a student ,you will need to check with authorities/ lawyers specializing in it  to confirm that you are allowed to work while being on student Visa. There are consequences to illegally working including prison time, deportation and never being allowed in that country again. Plus this may make it difficult  for you to get visa of other countries too. So you would like to be careful and remain compliant with the rules.

I do not know why your country is not on the list. But Upwork probably has a good reason for it. May be some regulations binds it, I am not sure about  it.

I would also like to note that even if your country was in list (or may be is?-I do not know), your location should be current location. If you are not allowed to work from your current location, you should not falsify your location to circumvent it.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS