🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Idle Contracts
Page options
neel19
Community Member

Idle Contracts

Hello Everyone!

I am facing one problem. I have 15 open contracts, but only receive tasks from 1 or 2 clients. The rest of the clients hired me a long time ago and never closed the contract after completing the project.

Now, I’m afraid to ask them to close the contract as I don’t know what kind of feedback they will provide (some of the contracts are really old and some of these clients are not even active anymore). Last time I tried to close these idle contracts from my end and this reduced my JSS to 94% from 100% (because there wasn't any feedback received from these clients as those contracts were really old and some of these clients are not active anymore). 

I am maintaining the top-rated status from last 3+ years and I want to solve this issue without damaging my JSS.  I have a suggestion, what about a contract that will automatically Terminate itself if there is no activity for more than 6 months or something like this?

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Debasish M wrote:

I am facing one problem. I have 15 open contracts, but only receive tasks from 1 or 2 clients. The rest of the clients hired me a long time ago and never closed the contract after completing the project.

How about you close one at a time. NOT all at once like last time. Wait 2-3 contracts, close another and so on. 

They're clearly not doing any harm as you have 100% JSS..

I'd rather Upwork didn't auto-close my contracts, because I have clients who only need me nce a year and I don't want anything that startles established contracts.

neel19
Community Member

Many thanks for the reply 🙂
Right now my all active contracts are long term and I think it will take some to end them. So it will take years to finish all these idle contracts.

petra_r
Community Member

Debasish M wrote:

So it will take years to finish all these idle contracts.

So?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths