cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If Feedback is so important, why.....

mark8979
Community Leader

Doesn't Upwork listen to the feedback from the freelancers?

Even the most successful companies have to listen if they want to keep their clients.

Upwork seems to concentrate so much on what the client wants that what we, the freelancers, want is totally ignored.

Five points;

1. Clients use Upwork, not because it's Upwork but because there are freelancers on here who can do the work for them.

2. freelancers are not employees of Upwork, we are actually clients. We use your services voluntarily and as soon as a better option comes along we can disappear. So for a change actually consider what the freelancers want and need.

3. When you want to have a new 'feature' make sure that it works and works for everyone equally. The ridiculous inaccuracies in the JSS have been illustrated time and time again, but  (and no offence is meant to the Mods here) all we get is the same stock reply churned out time after time. Many people, including those who have high JSS, have little confidence in the system and the absurd secrecy in the calculation is making it even worse.

4. Is any testing ever don to see if the improvements are actually wanted, will add real (as opposed to imaginary) value and will actually work on the site without breaking it?

5. Upwork have you surveyed your clients (and I include freelancers in this) about your site and its improvements? If a large proportion of the 9M registered freelancers and 4M registered clients didn't respond would you mark them all down as giving you negative feedback?

I'm still waiting for a fix so that I actually appear in the freelancer search results where I should do and not elsewhere.

10 REPLIES 10
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS