🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » If I end a contract before taking any payment...
Page options
davidmc5218
Community Member

If I end a contract before taking any payment, can the client still leave feedback on my profile?

Unfortunately, I have taken on a project with an unruly client who wants more and more work done and is refusing to do his part of the work as we had agreed beforehand. If I end this contract now, before having taken any payments from him for this fixed-price milestone contract, does he still have the chance to rate me/leave feedback?

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

David C wrote:

If I end this contract now, before having taken any payments from him for this fixed-price milestone contract, does he still have the chance to rate me/leave feedback?

Private feedback only. Nothing will show on your public profile, but your JSS may drop a little.

joansands
Community Member

David - You can also try to get paid for some of the work you have done. If the client ends up leaving you bad feedback, you can always use your perk to have it removed from JSS and your profile.

Side note: I love the idea of calling clients "unruly"  versus "bad" or "difficult".   It makes me think of  an unruly high school student who needs detention. 

😂 Thanks so much to all for your responses!!!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths