🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » If I end the contract at my end, will that af...
Page options
m1mehta
Community Member

If I end the contract at my end, will that affect JSS?

One of my clients is super unresponsive. Not responding to a plethora of follow-ups. 

I feel this will hurt my JSS. Can I just go ahead and end the contract on my end and it will not affect JSS? I have good earnings on the contract. Please suggest anybody!

5 REPLIES 5
ahn190
Community Member

This will not affect your JSS. Make sure to choose "the job has been successfully completed" when ending the contract, and you will be fine. 

Ahmad H wrote:

Make sure to choose "the job has been successfully completed" when ending the contract, and you will be fine. 

That has no impact whatsoever. The client will be notified when the freelancer ends the contract, and can still give bad feedback. However, if they've been unresponsive for some time, they're unlikely to bother.

Is there no way for a freelancer to get out of a contract without the client being able to leave feedback?

No - once you've accepted a contract, the client can leave private feedback that impacts your JSS (although you can give a refund to make public feedback disappear). Reviews/JSS/badges would be completely meaningless if freelancers were able to get out of contracts with no repercussions.

However, the OP seems to think that if a client doesn't end the contract, there'll be dire consequences. I have no idea why so many freelancers seem to think this, but it comes up in the forum on a regular basis. If there's any reason to believe that a client is less than 100% satisfied, it's much better to close a project yourself and not badger them to do it, because then they'll be forced to leave feedback. 

Understood. Thanks!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members