🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: If I hear about 1 more person asking if T...
Page options
penngrp
Community Member

If I hear about 1 more person asking if Telegram is a scam...ugh!

Over the past several weeks there have been countless people asking if Telegram and/or WhatsApp is a scam, or about how they contacted people via email. Then they ask if it is a scam or about how they paid a fee of some sort . I can understand if it was 1 or 2 people, but when 25,000 people have previously asked the same question, and received the same answer it is a whole different story. 

To begin with these freelancers who are paying these so called fees are supposed to be professionals that are running their own businesses. Still many of them do not have the sense to question someone about paying a fee, they just pay it. I cannot feel bad for any of these individuals or in the fact that they have wasted their credits, simply because they have been warned so many times!!

Ok, I feel better now that I've gotten that off my chest. 😄

1 REPLY 1
yofazza
Community Member

I can understand if it was 1 or 2 people, but when 25,000 people have previously asked the same question, and received the same answer it is a whole different story

simply because they have been warned so many times!!

Actually if they had 1 warning  or read one case, they won't do it, no? So this warning, or case, should be pinned somewhere and make sure it attracts FL attention.

This place is flooded with uninformed Freelancers.

A good method to prevent more victims, without vetting/scaring client away is to tell freelancers to read this post. Maybe by putting it in the freelancer's dashboard, or sending a mass message, to cut the food source! Without the food, they'll stop.

But Upwork don't do that too, which leads to a speculation that there might be some benefits by doing this "nature selection" to the freelancers. They have an unlimited supply of it anyway.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Scams/m-p/1053523?search-action-id=75438247251&search-re...

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members