🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: If I join an agency will I be able to wor...
Page options
marina_malutka
Community Member

If I join an agency will I be able to work with my current contract as an indivudual freelancer?

Hello,

I'm an individual freelancer and I have an open contract. 

If I join an agency, will I be able to manage that open contact by myself and will I be able to have other contracts as an individual freelancer and work on the agency's contracts as well?

Will it be a different account if I join the agency?

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Marina,

You will need to join the agency as a non-exclusive freelancer in order to be able to continue working as an independent freelancer as well.

If you join as an exclusive freelancer you will be able to work on contracts under the agency only. To learn more about this check out our guide on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Marina,

You will need to join the agency as a non-exclusive freelancer in order to be able to continue working as an independent freelancer as well.

If you join as an exclusive freelancer you will be able to work on contracts under the agency only. To learn more about this check out our guide on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you Goran!

Hi Goran,

How can I join the agency as a non-exclusive freelancer? The agency owner couldn't invite me. (I have active contracts)

Thank you

Hi Abdullah,

Yes, please have the Agency Owner try to invite you as a non-exclusive member. Your active contracts should not be a problem then.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members