🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » If I provide full refund to the client, will ...
Page options
neroncheg1994
Community Member

If I provide full refund to the client, will it hide this contract from my profile page?

Hi colleagues!

If I provide full refund to the client, will it hide this contract from my profile page? I saw few threads with such topic, but all of them are relatevily old. Does this feature still work in Upwork? 

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
wescowley
Community Member

Yes - the feedback will be hidden from your profile, but if you got poor private feedback, that will still impact your JSS. You'll also have a zero-pay contract will likely cause a larger hit.

edited to add: also, responding to a review like you did is rarely a good idea.

Thank you for your reply! Could you please share your thougts about removing feedback at all using Top Rated feature? Is it a good idea to use it on feedback without any comments?

Also is it possible to use this feature and remove this contract from JSS rating, and then provide full refund to hide it from profile? Will it still affect my JSS?

Thank you!

Hi Maksym,

As a Top Rated freelancer, one of your perks is the ability to request for feedback removal. To learn more about this, please check read this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork

Maksym M wrote:

Thank you for your reply! Could you please share your thougts about removing feedback at all using Top Rated feature? Is it a good idea to use it on feedback without any comments?

Also is it possible to use this feature and remove this contract from JSS rating, and then provide full refund to hide it from profile? Will it still affect my JSS?

I'd wait and see what impact this ends up having on your JSS, and then decide. You do so many contracts that this will be pushed down and off the first page in no time. Maybe see if some of the 18 jobs in progress can be closed, or are they really all still active? If not, get some of the clients to close them.

If you use your perk, it will remove the contract from your JSS calculation, regardless of whether you refund or not.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths