🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » If I provide refund to the client will his ne...
Page options
emmaboghossian
Community Member

If I provide refund to the client will his negative review be removed?

Hi, 

Unfortunately, my first Upwork client unfairly left me a negative review despite the project delivery on time,

As it is my first client I can't afford the negative review, and Upwork won't remove it.

My question is if I refund the client will the review be removed? and how about the 20% Upwork deduction? do I have to refund the 100% or just the 80% I received?

Anything else I can do to protect myself here? the client was very insulting in his messages when I submitted the work, I flagged him but nothing happened, so disappointing.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
AndreaG

Hi Emma,

I'm sorry to hear about this. It looks like you were able to reply to your support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
emmaboghossian
Community Member

Hi

I'd like to give a refund to a client who has closed the contract 2 weeks ago, but I don't have the option when I click on the contract 3 dots, all I see is "send a message" and "propose a new contract"

How can I provide a refund?

Thanks

Hi Emma,

I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members