🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: If I refund and end contract does it impa...
Page options
kironazure
Community Member

If I refund and end contract does it impact on my job success score?

Hello All Good Day,

I recently accept an offer. After taking this job client frequently changing his requirement. He actually doesn’t know clearly about his needs. So if I end this contract and refund him does it impact on my job success.

Or what’s other way around to end this contact or pay him back without impacting each other.

Please suggest me the right way, I am on the way to become top rated. I don’t want to argue with client.

Md Farid
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Md Farid U wrote:

See his latest requirements on attached file!

Well, simply tell the client how much you will have to charge for the additional work.

Md Farid U wrote:

Then he started increasing his new requirement.

Again: You simply tell the client how pleased you would be to do the additional work at a rate of $ XX

You are supposed o be running a business. That's how it works....

Md Farid U wrote:

I am afraid of him accomplishments as he doesn’t know requirement clearly. I don’t know how can I get rid of from this. My JSS is 91% now! Very crucial moment!

Again, there is no magic wand that will make it all go away without any consequenses.

You need to either man up and tell the client what it will cost to do the additional work, or you can be afraid and just carry on doing xtra work (not recommended) or you can get out and close the contract.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Md Farid U wrote:

He actually doesn’t know clearly about his needs. So if I end this contract and refund him does it impact on my job success.

That depends on the private feedback the client leaves.

No I want to back his money and the work I did would be free then what happend? Any other way the cannot be impactfull for both of us?

Md Farid

Md Farid U wrote:

No I want to back his money and the work I did would be free then what happend? Any other way the cannot be impactfull for both of us?

If the client doesn't leave poor private feedback, nothing happens. 

If the client does, your JSS can be affected.

I know this mam, but my concern what else can be done? Whatever he demands I should go with that? I cannot see any better option other than this.

See what is the honorable clients up to now for $30

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Md Farid

Md Farid U wrote:

Whatever he demands I should go with that

Didn't you nail down the deliverables in detail before accepting the contract?

Md Farid U wrote:

I know this mam, but my concern what else can be done? 

I am not sure what you mean? You can tell the client what is and is not included in the agreed milestone and what you will be charging for the additional work, you can do the work if you had not clarified the scope properly at the start, or you can walk away and close the contract.

I mean, I know my JSS would impacted if he provides a bad feedback. At the beginning

He just wants me to write few SQL from his table, I told him that his table is not in correct pattern. Then he started increasing his new requirement. Almost 56 queries, full schema definition and consultation he is demanding. I am afraid of him accomplishments as he doesn’t know requirement clearly. I don’t know how can I get rid of from this. My JSS is 91% now! Very crucial moment!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Md Farid

Md Farid U wrote:

Well, simply tell the client how much you will have to charge for the additional work.

Md Farid U wrote:

Then he started increasing his new requirement.

Again: You simply tell the client how pleased you would be to do the additional work at a rate of $ XX

You are supposed o be running a business. That's how it works....

Md Farid U wrote:

I am afraid of him accomplishments as he doesn’t know requirement clearly. I don’t know how can I get rid of from this. My JSS is 91% now! Very crucial moment!

Again, there is no magic wand that will make it all go away without any consequenses.

You need to either man up and tell the client what it will cost to do the additional work, or you can be afraid and just carry on doing xtra work (not recommended) or you can get out and close the contract.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths