🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » If I refuse to work after the start of the co...
Page options
6e6c1fd8
Community Member

If I refuse to work after the start of the contract

The contract is hourly, but I didn't even start it. If I close it, will the client be able to leave me feedback?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Albert,

In a case of a contract closed with no earnings, the client would not be able to leave public feedback. That said, they would be able to leave private feedback.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
e6b076bb
Community Member

If you haven't started working on the contract and you decide to end it, the client will not be able to leave feedback for you. However, it's always a good idea to communicate with the client and let them know why you are unable to continue with the project.

Before you close the contract, you should also make sure that you have discussed the terms of ending the contract with the client, especially if you have already received a payment for the project. If you are using Upwork's hourly payment protection, you will need to log your work hours and submit them for payment before closing the contract.

It's important to maintain a professional and respectful relationship with clients on Upwork, even if you decide not to continue with a project. Good communication and transparency can help prevent any misunderstandings and protect your reputation on the platform.

AndreaG

Hi Albert,

In a case of a contract closed with no earnings, the client would not be able to leave public feedback. That said, they would be able to leave private feedback.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members