🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » If Job cant be done, need to end contract , w...
Page options
tanujwadhwa
Community Member

If Job cant be done, need to end contract , what should I do ?

Hi,

I have a question:  If Job can't be done and contract needs to be cancelled or ended, what should I do ?

should I end the contract and refund the amount in Escrow 

or 

should I want for the client to end the contract first ?

thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Tanuj,

If you and your client have decided not to move forward with the project, the client can end the contract. You also have the option to end the contract. For fixed-price contracts, funds in escrow will be automatically released back to the client if you end the contract.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JoanneP

Hi Tanuj,

If you and your client have decided not to move forward with the project, the client can end the contract. You also have the option to end the contract. For fixed-price contracts, funds in escrow will be automatically released back to the client if you end the contract.

~ Joanne
Upwork

the client hasnt responded so far . I messaged her in the morning 9:30 AM IST, while client local time was 4:40 AM

Here is the chat. I have changed the client name to CLIENT.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Now what should I do ?

Tanuj W wrote:

Now what should I do ?

How about you do absolutely nothing and stop bombarding the client with messages on a Saturday morning at completely ungodly times....

The client knows where you are. The client will get back to you when the client is ready to do so. Leave it alone. Do not harass clients this way. It will not end well! What is the rush?

Petra, please try to understand the email before jumping to conclusions.

No freelancer reverts to client without trying the job.

Am very disappointed by this revert.

Tanuj W wrote:

Petra, please try to understand the email before jumping to conclusions.

What "email"? I didn't jump to conclusions, I saw the message-thread before it was edited out.

All you have to do is wait until the client gets back to you. Tomorrow or next week or after Christmas. A series of ever more pushy messages at an ungodly hour on a Saturday morning in the client's timezone is highly unprofessional.

I simply dont understand, you still imagining things on your  own 🙂

"ungodly hours"  - have you read so many job postings. Eg: one of the job post from indian client says freelancer must be from india and available at 11 pm to 3 am, what about this ? 🙂 

If the client delivery is within 24 hr and that delivery date falls on a Weekend, then I have to communicate to the client within first few hrs when the project starts, if something is problamatic at clients end. It is clients responsibility also to be avialable on weekends too to accept it if we are working on a weekened "as per the contract". 

clients are like you and me, not necessarily always a VP, or Director or President.. some of them are school students, kids, college students, even IT employees, learners, hackers (if you want look at all the flags i have reported and they have been actioned too),  etc. 

We canont just put all the responsibilities on the Freelancer, clients haveto be responsive equally. If there is a question that they have to revert they must do it, I am not saying immediately, but at least they have to revert to unblock whatever is required.

Even God doesnt bother when you make a request..  anyways, I would like to close this thread.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members