cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If a client ends a contract and then rehires me again, will my earnings from the client start from 0

mathengemaina
Ace Contributor
John M Member Since: Apr 5, 2018
1 of 4

If I have been working with a client for while and the client plans to end the contract, maybe to leave a review on my profile and then rehire me again, will my earnings from the client start from zero? Or will the earnings continue from the point where they were before the contract was ended?

I am asking this because after earning $500+ dollars from the same client, a freelancer gets to pay 10% Upwork fee instead of the 20% fee. 

Thank you all in advance. 

joanbonjoc
Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
2 of 4

Hi Mathenge,

Freelancers are charged a sliding fee based on your lifetime billings with each client (across all contracts you’ve ever had with that client company). Service fees are the same whether the contracts are hourly or fixed-price. Learn more about Service Fees on this link.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
francisgen
Francis Ignatius T G Member Since: Nov 10, 2018
3 of 4

Interesting. I have a similar question, but I think this answers it. Just to confirm then, the statement "across all contracts you’ve ever had with that client company" means that if I earned $10,000 in the first contract, any new contract with the same client will only be charged 5% service fee. 

The sliding fee is not on a per-contract basis, but on a per-client basis? Is that correct?

~Francis

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 4

@Francis Ignatius T G wrote:

The sliding fee is not on a per-contract basis, but on a per-client basis? Is that correct?

Yes.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS