Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Re: If i cancel the current contract for which i did not earn anything would it affect my JSS

Highlighted
Active Member
Danish H Member Since: Jan 3, 2018
1 of 6

Hi Unfortunately I have a contract and the client has extended the work 10 times then what we agreed in start and i am working for that assignment from past one month with just 120 USD , I have not taken anything from him he is still adding , adding and adding more things in it , I am feeling that he will want to hire me for an year for this amount  , if i cancel the contract would it effect my JSS , What would be the best option to follow up in this situation any expert openion.

 

THanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 6

Danish H wrote:

the client has extended the work 10 times then what we agreed in start and i am working for that assignment from past one month with just 120 USD , I have not taken anything from him he is still adding , adding and adding more things in it ,


How clearly did you define the deliverables for that contract?

Why are you doing added work without added milestones?

 


Danish H wrote:

 if i cancel the contract would it effect my JSS , s


Yes, quite significantly.

 


Danish H wrote:

What would be the best option to follow up in this situation any expert openion.


Negotiate effectively with your client and set clear prices for clearly defined deliverables. Alternatively, get the client to hire you on an hourly contract, so it will not matter if the client adds work.

 

 

Highlighted
Active Member
Danish H Member Since: Jan 3, 2018
3 of 6

Why are you doing added work without added milestones?
As a freelancer have no option as the client always warns about feedback which i think having more importance then Earning , so there is no way to handle those type of client i already experienced one similar situation an freelancer even if cancel the contract while giving the whole assets to client still Lose their JSS , Upwork is more friendly towards Clients rather than Freelancer.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 6

Danish H wrote:


As a freelancer have no option


Then you are not choosing and managing your clients and contracts competently.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Yeasir A Member Since: May 16, 2017
5 of 6
Hi Danish,
Yes, it will affect your JSS as it will be counted as "no earning job" which is definitely going to hurt your JSS
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
6 of 6

Yeasir A wrote:
Hi Danish,
Yes, it will affect your JSS as it will be counted as "no earning job" which is definitely going to hurt your JSS

 

A "no earnings" job affects the JSS (only) if it ends with poor or no (private) feedback.

 

View solution in original post

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS