🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: If i cancel the current contract for whic...
Page options
danishhabib2626
Community Member

If i cancel the current contract for which i did not earn anything would it affect my JSS

Hi Unfortunately I have a contract and the client has extended the work 10 times then what we agreed in start and i am working for that assignment from past one month with just 120 USD , I have not taken anything from him he is still adding , adding and adding more things in it , I am feeling that he will want to hire me for an year for this amount  , if i cancel the contract would it effect my JSS , What would be the best option to follow up in this situation any expert openion.

THanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yeasir A wrote:
Hi Danish,
Yes, it will affect your JSS as it will be counted as "no earning job" which is definitely going to hurt your JSS

A "no earnings" job affects the JSS (only) if it ends with poor or no (private) feedback.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Danish H wrote:

the client has extended the work 10 times then what we agreed in start and i am working for that assignment from past one month with just 120 USD , I have not taken anything from him he is still adding , adding and adding more things in it ,

How clearly did you define the deliverables for that contract?

Why are you doing added work without added milestones?

Danish H wrote:

if i cancel the contract would it effect my JSS , s

Yes, quite significantly.

Danish H wrote:

What would be the best option to follow up in this situation any expert openion.

Negotiate effectively with your client and set clear prices for clearly defined deliverables. Alternatively, get the client to hire you on an hourly contract, so it will not matter if the client adds work.

Why are you doing added work without added milestones?
As a freelancer have no option as the client always warns about feedback which i think having more importance then Earning , so there is no way to handle those type of client i already experienced one similar situation an freelancer even if cancel the contract while giving the whole assets to client still Lose their JSS , Upwork is more friendly towards Clients rather than Freelancer.

Danish H wrote:

As a freelancer have no option

Then you are not choosing and managing your clients and contracts competently.

yeasir_arafat_13
Community Member

Hi Danish,
Yes, it will affect your JSS as it will be counted as "no earning job" which is definitely going to hurt your JSS

Yeasir A wrote:
Hi Danish,

A "no earnings" job affects the JSS (only) if it ends with poor or no (private) feedback.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths