🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: If i drop a dispute over hours, will my j...
Page options
billsotnikow
Community Member

If i drop a dispute over hours, will my job success score go back up?

I was hired by a client to write a script and create a video. I wrote the script and delivered it, client aftwards has told me he changed his mind and doesn’t want a video or script- he forgot to tell me earlier. I logged the hours anyways, for the agreed on amount, and he filed a dispute. I then rejected his dispute. I notice my job success score has gone down. What i’m wondering is if i just drop it and don’t try to bill him at all, will by job success score go back up since the job would be for a $0 contract? It just seems unfair, he wasn’t unhappy with the work, he just forgot to tell me he doesnt want the work. But if i have to choose between giving up the payment for a small job which i completed, to me that seems smarter than letting my success score suffer and potentially losing future clients as a result.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lysis10
Community Member

William S wrote:

I was hired by a client to write a script and create a video. I wrote the script and delivered it, client aftwards has told me he changed his mind and doesn’t want a video or script- he forgot to tell me earlier. I logged the hours anyways, for the agreed on amount, and he filed a dispute. I then rejected his dispute. I notice my job success score has gone down. What i’m wondering is if i just drop it and don’t try to bill him at all, will by job success score go back up since the job would be for a $0 contract? It just seems unfair, he wasn’t unhappy with the work, he just forgot to tell me he doesnt want the work. But if i have to choose between giving up the payment for a small job which i completed, to me that seems smarter than letting my success score suffer and potentially losing future clients as a result.

No, damage is already done so might as well keep the money.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
lysis10
Community Member

William S wrote:

No, damage is already done so might as well keep the money.

OK thanks very much. That sucks though wow. In the future i'll prob just let the small things like this go i guess, just got me pretty angry that he wanted to just walk away without paying me anything.

William S wrote:

OK thanks very much. That sucks though wow. In the future i'll prob just let the small things like this go i guess, just got me pretty angry that he wanted to just walk away without paying me anything.

I wouldn't have given the money back in this situation. You did the work. Forgetting to tell you he doesn't need it doesn't elminiate the time you took to do the work. That's his mistake, not yours. These people will walk all over you if you let them.

Oh no argument there, i know i'm in the right. I know its his mistake and he should pay me....but at the end of the day i now have a 95% success score and i used to have a 100%. To new clients, i now look like i've let some past clients down.

William S wrote:

Oh no argument there, i know i'm in the right. I know its his mistake and he should pay me....but at the end of the day i now have a 95% success score and i used to have a 100%. To new clients, i now look like i've let some past clients down.

Nobody cares about 100% JSS except freelancers. It's fine.

haha, ok sounds good to me. Thanks for the candid discussion!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths