🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » If i end a contract will it affect my JSS?
Page options
karamvirsaini
Community Member

If i end a contract will it affect my JSS?

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding ending a contract, i recently got a project which states API work and bit of form work.

But it came out to be a complex project of UI/UX, i told my client that this work is not what the job description and he has to pay me more which he's not willing (But he said that he will give me bonus, i doubt that)

I am really uncomfortable doing this project. So i am wondering, if i end this contract will it affect my JSS or not?

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Karamvir S wrote:

I am really uncomfortable doing this project. So i am wondering, if i end this contract will it affect my JSS or not?

If nothing was paid then yes, it will have a negative effect!

He had payed me $15 in two milestones and third one is $15, the last time i discussed he told me that, he will hire someone else and ask for refund and give bad feedback if i didn't complete this work.

I don't know if he can ask for full refund or just $15, i don't mind completing this work, but he's not paying me enough.

So, i don't know what i should do to save my JSS,

1) Complete the work and hope for good feedback and bonus.

2) Just end the contract and save myself from this trouble.

Though client seems like a nice person but really difficult client (does not communicate properly ) and not clear with his requirements.

I learnt that it is best to leave the contract open provided there is no active milestone running. Leave the contract open for some time. That would have a less negative effect on your JSS than having a client give you a one-star review and low points feedback to Upwork.

i came across with exactly the same situation but the project took months because of same attitude of clients ,he did also took the same as action mention above ,now i ended the contract now just asking if client leave star review how much it effects my 100 percent success scores and my toprate badge.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members