🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » If i refund all money on cancelled contract w...
Page options
kamee0089
Community Member

If i refund all money on cancelled contract would it effect my JSS?

Hello Experts, Hope you are doing great.
A client just approach me and she sent me offer and we had a discussion upon project. Then she messaged me that i have to cancel the project ( without giving a reason)i didnt deliver her any thing. But she was not disappointed/ Angry or whatever. We had a good talk .
I want to give her a full refund but i am confused what i have to do? would this full-refund affect my JSS?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Kamran M wrote:

Yes,

I have to refund escrow amount.

Well, if no work was done you can't really argue the refund. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
kamee0089
Community Member

And if i do full-redunf would it be shown on my profile?

Kamran M wrote:
And if i do full-redunf would it be shown on my profile?

If you cancel the contract with nothing ever paid it will hurt your JSS. I'd negotiate with the client to get a small token payment, even a single Dollar would be enough, to render the contract harmless. Call it a cancellation fee or whatever.

Then close the contract yourself. 

Contracts with NOTHING paid do not show on the profile. Your JSS, however, does...

Thankyou PETRA for your kind reply,

Contract is already cancelled by my client.

I dont have to cancel or end the project.

She told me, She selected the option i dont need this work (type) option.

SO what if contract is already cancelled should i give her a full refend and what about my jss and the job show on profile.

looking for your answer Thanks

Kamran M wrote:

She told me, She selected the option i dont need this work (type) option.

SO what if contract is already cancelled should i give her a full refend and what about my jss and the job show on profile.

looking for your answer Thanks

Hopefully that will make it harmless. But there is no way to be sure. Wait until the next update.

Presumably this is about refunding the escrow funds, not money you have already received?

Yes,

Kamran M wrote:

Yes,

Well, if no work was done you can't really argue the refund. 

Yes i dont even want to argue.

would this job show up on my profile?

Kamran M wrote:

would this job show up on my profile?

Contracts with NOTHING paid do not show on the profile. Your JSS, however, does...

should i refund not all escorw amount? What is your opinion?

Thanks

Kamran M wrote:

should i refund not all escorw amount? What is your opinion?

Thanks

You don't have a choice. You can't very well dispute it if no work was done, can you?

You could ask your client if they'd be willing to pay a $ 1 cancellation fee on the closed contract as a bonus after you approved the return of the escrow funds to make sure your metrics aren't hurt. There is no downside to asking, the contract is already closed, worst case scenario they ignore the request, best case scenario the contract no longer counts as a nothing paid contract.

Thankyou!!! PETRA

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths