🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » If i terminated my account (account 1), then ...
Page options
tanlongnguyen
Community Member

If i terminated my account (account 1), then i creat a new account (account 2), will i be suspended

Hi there,

i have created an account 6 months ago, now i want to start over with a new account. So if i terminate my old account and creat a new one - Is there any chance that my new account get suspended due to having 2 account on upwork.

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
colettelewis
Community Member

Tan Long N wrote:

Hi there,

i have created an account 6 months ago, now i want to start over with a new account. So if i terminate my old account and creat a new one - Is there any chance that my new account get suspended due to having 2 account on upwork.

Thank you.

You are only allowed one account on Upwork, so don't create a second one. You risk having both accounts suspended. 

petra_r
Community Member

Tan Long N wrote:

Is there any chance that my new account get suspended due to having 2 account on upwork.

Yes. It's quite likely.

And why would you even do that? You can just edit your existing profile. There is no activity on it anyway.

1123326a
Community Member

i have youtube channle sharing the first account e-mail - in need of money so i have sold it and the client want to own the e-mail. That is why i want to create a new upwork account using another email. (i will termiate the first one first)

Thank for answering

petra_r
Community Member

You don't need to create a new account, all you need to do is change the email address on the existing one.

Tan Long N wrote:

But what i really need to know here is that if i terminated the first account before starting a new one. Will it still be a violation to upwork's term of service

Yes, it will.

Tan Long, you have kudoed your own post with your other account. You need to do something about this. 

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tan Long,

Having multiple accounts is a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. Could you please send me a private message with the Upwork username or registered email address of the account in question so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you for replying,

But what i really need to know here is that if i terminated the first account before starting a new one. Will it still be a violation to upwork's term of service

Hi Tan Long,

To clarify, please know that users are not allowed to have more than one freelancer account regardless if the old account is closed.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

re: "Will it still be a violation to upwork's term of service?"

yes

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths