cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: If we withdraw a proposal, do we get the 'connects' back?

Highlighted
Venudhar B Member Since: Apr 12, 2018
21 of 60

Hello Mark, I Have Attached AImage. Kindly Check It. And There Are Other Blogs Too Which Says That.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
22 of 60
That is exactly what I said.
Highlighted
Venudhar B Member Since: Apr 12, 2018
23 of 60
Actually I Have Two Questions, in My Mind And I Got Confused And Forgot To Delete 1st Line... I Have Submitted Proposals 4 Months Ago, And No Action Has Been Taken By Client And Those Proposals Are Still In My "sent proposals" tab... So How's That Possible?
Highlighted
Community Guru
David S M Member Since: Apr 24, 2018
24 of 60

Venudhar B wrote:
Actually I Have Two Questions, in My Mind And I Got Confused And Forgot To Delete 1st Line... I Have Submitted Proposals 4 Months Ago, And No Action Has Been Taken By Client And Those Proposals Are Still In My "sent proposals" tab... So How's That Possible?

Venudhar, it's not no action taken by the client, but no action taken by anybody...meaning if no new proposals have been submitted. I'm a freelancer and a client, and as a client often I will get an expiration notice from Upwork that I have 3 days left, then a freelancer will submit a proposal, I take no action on the new proposal, but that job expiration gets extended out further. 

Highlighted
Stella A Member Since: Nov 18, 2019
25 of 60

Thank you. its helpful

Highlighted
Maricris S Member Since: Apr 5, 2020
26 of 60
My client suddenly did not contact me after my last work on friday.we had a contract but it was not logged in because i already said i had issues with time log in and cant download the desk top app.my question is how can i get paid.can somebody check my profile on upwork.thanks
Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
27 of 60

Hi Maricris,

Thanks for reaching out. For Hourly Contracts, you will need to download the Upwork Time Tracker App to track your time while you are working. Your client is automatically invoiced and billed for the hours you log according to the weekly billing cycle. In this case, you may need to reach out to your client and ask if he can allow adding manual time to your work diary. 

Regarding your concern with the time tracker app. Is there any error when you tried to download it?

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Muhammad S Member Since: Jul 12, 2017
28 of 60

Happy, Happy we got clear answer, happy now.

Highlighted
Asad A Member Since: Apr 11, 2019
29 of 60

Yup, you are right

Highlighted
Dmitriy M Member Since: Mar 23, 2020
30 of 60

Mark F wrote:

Venudhar B wrote:

Hello,
UpWork Says That A Freelancer Gets Back His/Her Connects After 30 Days.

UpWork Closes The Job Automatically After 30 Days If No Action Has Been Taken By Client.

I have never heard Upwork say that, where does Upwork say that.  You only get your connects back if the job was closed without hiring by the client or Upwork closes it for violating a policy.  If the job expires, it will also be closed but you do NOT get your connects back.

> If the job expires, it will also be closed but you do NOT get your connects back.

This sounds like really unfair and predatory practice from Upwork!

There is no good reason to consume the 'connects'.

Expired job should be equal to canceled job or the job where different freelancer was hired.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS