cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If we withdraw a proposal, do we get the 'connects' back?

globalwrite
Liefford M Member Since: Aug 11, 2017
41 of 68

That means even I withdraw my application since the job post is still active, so I will not get back my FREE connects. What if they already hired someone - same process?

wbk2020
Waleed B Member Since: Jun 18, 2019
42 of 68

thanks for helping.

sohelrana61
Md. Nazrul I Member Since: Feb 12, 2017
43 of 68

Thanks, the answer was need for me. 

bentraje
Ben T Member Since: Apr 11, 2017
44 of 68

Just to chime in.

Hi, may I ask how long does it usually take before the job gets cancelled? 

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
45 of 68

Hi Ben, 

Job post are closed if they haven't had any activity in the last 30 days.

Untitled
joeluisc
Joe Luis C Member Since: Sep 21, 2017
46 of 68

Newbie here.

if job is closed can I withdraw it? 

Thanks for the feedback.

-Joe

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
47 of 68

Yes, Joe Luis. 

However, please, note that connects are not returned when you withdraw your proposal. Connects are only returned when either the client or Upwork cancel the job without hiring.

-Avery
Untitled
sandeepdhariwal
Sandeep D Member Since: Apr 12, 2019
48 of 68

thanks for the information

weblord
William N Member Since: Feb 19, 2017
49 of 68

no. the job needs to be canceled by the job placer.

crisislinedesign
Ryan Craig B Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
50 of 68

Heres a situation that seems to become somewhat casual and normal here on upwork. And it needs to be addressed by the security team better.

I have had probably between 10-20 jobs that I have applied to, and used my connects that I pay for every month as a plus subscriber.

Then these "clients" message back and after a little bit of investigating on my part, I find that the client is masquerading as a business in a foreign country asking for work from people located only in the US. And of course, upwork does not advise taking work outside of the platform. Which I don't unless I have an already developed working relationship with the client or I know them personally.

But my issue is all of the wasted connects on "bogus" jobs that were only meant to steal MORE of my money. (Seeing how they got away with 2 of my connects) they got away with my money in two ways. I could have used those connects to apply to a REAL job that would provide me with REAL money, and of course, seeing how I pay for plus... I have now wasted several connects on bogus jobs.

Upwork team,

Please crack down on these clients and force them to verify before they are able to steal from us all...

Regards,

Ryan Berger

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS