🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Illogical JSS
Page options
eric5037
Community Member

Illogical JSS

Hi, 

My JSS has gone down from 98 to 96%. It shouldn't be such a big deal but I know better and better what I'm doing, what kinds of contracts I have...

As the JSS is updated every 2 weeks, the last 2 weeks are those important. 

Can you someone help me to identify my failures?

Here is what I have for the last 2 weeks: 

- 2 fixed price contracts done very fast

- 1 fixed price contract with 2 milestones: 1 milestone has been completed, working on the second but still no final results

- 4 hourly contracts: 

- 1 open for may be a month, tried to talk to the client but he's unresponsive. should I try again? should I close the contract? should I ask the client to close it? not a big deal?

- 1 very recent one, already done half of it, very fast

- 1 where I have worked may be half of the maximum number of hours

- 1 I have completed correctly

what surprises me is losing 2% at once and the fact that last night, I saw 98% and now it's 96%, that's not very clear to me when the JSS changed but I noted that for a while, there were not update date which could mean that it was being updated but... after that, it was 98% not 96%, 2 updates may be

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Eric, why don't you re-read the dozens of other answers you had for all your other posts about the same thing. It gets so terribly tiring telling the same people the same thing over and over and over and over again...

For the umpteenth time: Contracts that go idle only hurt if nothing was ever paid for months (!) or if you have excessive numbers (you don't)

Contracts that end without feedback only hurt if nothing was ever paid  or if you have excessive numbers (you don't)

The rest is private feedback and / or good things falling out of your calculation window. What DOES hurt the JSS are contracts that go idle (2-3 months) or are closed without anything ever having been paid, and poor public and / or private feedback.

The JSS updated very late yesterday, that is why you saw 98%

in absence of "nothing paid" contracts the private feedback on one of your closed contracts will have been sub-ideal.

eric5037
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Eric, why don't you re-read the dozens of other answers you had for all your other posts about the same thing. It gets so terribly tiring telling the same people the same thing over and over and over and over again...

For the umpteenth time: Contracts that go idle only hurt if nothing was ever paid for months (!) or if you have excessive numbers (you don't)

Contracts that end without feedback only hurt if nothing was ever paid  or if you have excessive numbers (you don't)

The rest is private feedback and / or good things falling out of your calculation window. What DOES hurt the JSS are contracts that go idle (2-3 months) or are closed without anything ever having been paid, and poor public and / or private feedback.

The JSS updated very late yesterday, that is why you saw 98%

in absence of "nothing paid" contracts the private feedback on one of your closed contracts will have been sub-ideal.

You're absolutely right, so now I have a great screenshot of your answer. I assume this is all I can know not having access to that private feedback. I think the best is to clean up!

I still don't know why they updated so late.

petra_r
Community Member

Eric B wrote:

I assume this is all I can know not having access to that private feedback. I think the best is to clean up.

You know, maybe it is female intuition, or maybe I am particularly sensitive, but I can honestly say that every time my JSS dipped I knew exactly which client was not 100% thrilled.

I generally vet my clients well and make as sure as I can that they like me and my communication style and way of doing things. Occasionally I either miss or ignore red flags that should have told me that a client is not going to be a perfect match. I (if anything) over-communicate and pay close attention to nuances and what is said between the lines.

Every contract with a client that might be a poor match means taking a chance.

I've had well over 200 contracts and was surprised by the feedback / outcome exactly once (in my favour, I thought it had gone "so-so" and was preparing to use my perk, yet the client was actually perfectly happy...)

The optimum time to go as far as you can to assure some contract does not hit your JSS is before you accept it...

eric5037
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Eric B wrote:

I assume this is all I can know not having access to that private feedback. I think the best is to clean up.

You know, maybe it is female intuition, or maybe I am particularly sensitive, but I can honestly say that every time my JSS dipped I knew exactly which client was not 100% thrilled.

I generally vet my clients well and make as sure as I can that they like me and my communication style and way of doing things. Occasionally I either miss or ignore red flags that should have told me that a client is not going to be a perfect match. I (if anything) over-communicate and pay close attention to nuances and what is said between the lines.

Every contract with a client that might be a poor match means taking a chance.

I've had well over 200 contracts and was surprised by the feedback / outcome exactly once (in my favour, I thought it had gone "so-so" and was preparing to use my perk, yet the client was actually perfectly happy...)

The optimum time to go as far as you can to assure some contract does not hit your JSS is before you accept it...

Duly noted! great tips, thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths