cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improve hidden profile feature

Nikhil M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
1 of 4
I want to appreciate oDesk for their efforts in promoting new freelancers on oDesk who are highly skilled but do not have hours or feedback on their profile and hence get less response from clients. I like their hidden profile feature because many times a freelancer has 10000+ hours and is much occupied on current projects he/she has, and cannot give full time commitment to new clients, so, they can be hidden in full time job application list. And a new freelancer with high scores on oDesk tests but a few hours or feedback, and most importantly with less hours worked in the last few days must be shown on top. Because such freelancers can give full time commitment to full time projects and are very skilled. So, I appreciate the hidden profile feature, but make sure those freelancers with high test scores, but with less hours/feedback or less hours completed in the last few weeks must be shown on top on full time jobs, than those freelancers with lots of hours done and having less time on new full time projects.
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
2 of 4
Do you really need to post the same message over and over again. It's irritating and rude. Please just post your message once.
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
3 of 4
Yeah lots of them spamming the boards with the same message over and over again lately. Totally irritating when they won't even respond to those that replied to them.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
4 of 4
What are you suggesting here is quite actually as if you were saying "People with over 10 k hours don't need to work and earn anymore. You can go off from this site, shoot yourself, or whatever." because: a) 10 k hours doesn't mean a person is working on some project, even if he/she has many jobs in progress, because oDesk automatically pauses contracts and most of time you are idle (not earning a single dollar) if you don't apply for new jobs. Yeah, it's really a great idea to hide someone's application who is just trying to earn for a living. b) it doesn't mean a person is available 24/7 if he/she is freshly registered on the site. Maybe a person already has a job and is ready to spend max 10 hours per week on oDesk, as a second income. oDesk, please don't listen Nikhil's suggestions.