Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improvement applications system

vitalr
Ace Contributor
Vitalij R Member Since: Nov 11, 2014
1 of 9

I have idea how to improve chance to get one job for all freelancers.

Basic idea is to combine 2 systems of applying to jobs: old Odesk system with 10 (for example) proposals limit which can be withdrawn/restored within a 1 week for repeat using and new Upwork proposals system which can't be reused (canceled jobs is not count).

In this case any freelancer can use some proposals for very interested jobs where he have solid chance to win job and some reused proposals for get job almoust in any way by re-submitting small amount proposals to achieve the goal (land job).

Sincerely, Vitalij - Top Rated brochure designer.
turbocro
Community Leader
Igor S Member Since: Apr 8, 2015
2 of 9

I prefer new system with one time only job bid, since it was implemented I have doubled my job winning percentage because jobs aren't flooded with hundreds of copy paste proposals and clients can now choose best contractor easier..

There is 4 days left in this month for bidding and I still have 36 connects available, if you need more just calculate into each job 2$ more for next bid. 
vitalr
Ace Contributor
3 of 9

Hi, Igor.

New bidding system is good I agree with it but not all freelancers are lucky as you.

So I think it must be improved, become more flexible.

For example:

Can you check my profile and say what's wrong with it?

~1 month almost without jobs and > 0.5 years without direct invites.

You can see that I am top rated freelancer so I think new freelancers have more problems.

Any ideas, explanations?

turbocro
Community Leader
4 of 9

Bidding system is ok, you need to improve if you want to be successful here.

Looking at your profile this is what first got into my eyes...

Strong side of my design technics can be described as "copying ninja". It means that I can easy adapt/copy/modify of most design styles and elements from reference image to custom design. This strong skill limited only my current knowledge level of graphics programs (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop). Periodically I raise this level by a self-education. With this design technics I can complete most design tasks within a 30-180 minutes.

So basically in this paragraph you are saying: I can copy other people design but I will do it with my limited skills in design programs and I'm improving myself periodically so don't expect much from me until I improve. 

Maybe this is not what you mean with that paragraf but this is how I see it.

There is more errors in your profile but this is first I spoted once I opened your profile...

Also regarding low invites, I had 9 invites in last 90 days so this is not measure of anything. Most of my earnings here are from repeated long term clients and you should also try to work on strategy to get some long term clients..

vitalr
Ace Contributor
5 of 9

Can you also make interpretation of your freelancer's profile?

What it exact says to client/customer when he read it?

"I am a freelance designer with over 13 years in the design world helping businesses promote themselves effectively. I have worked in two mayor print company as head of design department. My expertise includes all aspects of design from business cards, books and catalog layout to large scale graphic and car wraps. Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and top expert in Corel Draw as you can see in my test scores here on site. In addition, I have considerable experience in web design, web banners, popups, landing pages and full sites. Creative, fast, accurate and very deadline oriented, I may be just what you are looking for! Simple customer satisfaction is not acceptable...I strive to exceed my clients expectations!"

turbocro
Community Leader
6 of 9

It say that I'm top expert in what I do, have Adobe Suite in my little finger and that Im capable of doing print and web design, but I'm not sure how this help you to get jobs, remember you are the one with problem of landing job here on site...

vitalr
Ace Contributor
7 of 9

Great, thank you for answer.

May be anyone can also make interpretation of Igor's profile?

Something like "view from other side".

It will be very useful for all new freelancers and for me.

vitalr
Ace Contributor
8 of 9

Or any other freelancer's profile, never matter.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
9 of 9

The current connect system definitely penalizes contractors who submit low-quality job proposals, especially copy-and-paste bids, or even contractors who use templates that they tweak a little bit when making bids.

And that's a good thing.

These contractors should be grateful that they aren't kicked off the platform entirely for sending low-quality spam proposals to clients.

Igor has the right idea. He has not used most of his connects because he carefully chooses jobs and spends time crafting custom proposals which a prospective client will be impressed by.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS