Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In case it's not obvious...

screeler
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
1 of 8

What are legitimate clients looking for in a freelancer? 

fergusm1970
Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
2 of 8

Unbeatable talent, value for money, reliability, good communications, ruggedly handsome looks and a Scottish accent.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
screeler
Community Guru
3 of 8

I'm sorry Fergus, buy you really do have to share the wealth. We all can't have ruggedly handsome looks and a Scottish accent. 

boshoffirene
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
4 of 8

I can do a bad Scottish impersonation. Not commenting on the looks.

At the end of the day, they want to know: can that person do the job, according to specifications? Is there communication, and how well do they present themselves.

State your experience. Mention what you do well. What you are prepared to do to get the job done in time (if applicable). Have something to show (even if you have to go suck it out of your thumb and create it only for the purpose of having some sort of example related to what the client is looking for). Take your time with your proposal. Ask questions. And when done, self-edit and cut out a third of any 'junk' that makes it look needy, unprofessional, or as if you are begging.

fergusm1970
Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
5 of 8

"you really do have to share the wealth"

You're asking a Scotsman to share the wealth??! You do know that copper wire was invented by two of my ancestors fighting over a penny, right?

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
screeler
Community Guru
6 of 8

Well Fergus that might well be true, but I was born in the Netherlands (and then ripped from my country by my parents who thought that the roads were paved in gold in Canada..sigh..) but i still have the ability to make a penny scream! 😉 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
7 of 8

@fergus M wrote:

Unbeatable talent, value for money, reliability, good communications, ruggedly handsome looks and a Scottish accent.

You can't take me on my angle of inappropriate jokes and witty personality, Son of Bill (thank you Ela for Fergus' new name).

tedjoshuaangelo
Community Leader
Ted Joshua Angelo G Member Since: Nov 8, 2014
8 of 8

In what service area?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS