🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » In fixed contracts how Upwork protects Freela...
Page options
cybergenome
Community Member

In fixed contracts how Upwork protects Freelancer's repute even when the payment is not protected?

I am a Top Rated freelancer with 100% job success rate. Recently I had an experience with one of the Clients belong to Hong Kong/China. They proposed 3 milestones, and gave me a payment of only one. I never had to ask for the payment again and again from a client. But Client wanted me to beg for money, I ended the contract due to this abuse. Client then rated me quite low.

So as Upwork being a mediator when payments were not cleared and client gave a bad repute, how is this a protection to Freelancer? Also each day these sort of clients create a new profile on Upwork and starts this sort of humiliation.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Bilal S wrote:

how is this a protection to Freelancer? 

You can use your top rated perk to zap that feedback (if you haven't used it  during the last 10 contracts and 3 months). That's what it's there for.

I wouldn't have accepted a third contract from that client after they've given me 2 x 4 star feedback.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Bilal S wrote:

how is this a protection to Freelancer? 

You can use your top rated perk to zap that feedback (if you haven't used it  during the last 10 contracts and 3 months). That's what it's there for.

I wouldn't have accepted a third contract from that client after they've given me 2 x 4 star feedback.

Thanks for guding, So as per the precude I need to send email at: freelancersuccess@upwork.com?

ALL the details are in the link I gave you.

Thanks for guiding me. Really appreciate that.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members