🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: In progress Status
Page options
mzabin
Community Member

In progress Status

I have finished my work and get payed,  but the status still "In Progress" .. How to solve this? any help please?

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Mohammed Z wrote:

I have finished my work and get payed,  but the status still "In Progress" .. How to solve this? any help please?

As was explained to you yesterday, the contract is still open. You can ask the client to close it so you can get feedback and leave feedback to the client

mzabin
Community Member

Thank you Petra, I asked the client to close it, but no reply. I missed alot of jobs because of this. Because clients think that I am still working .. I think that close option must be available to freelancers too.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Yes, Mohammed, a freelancer can close any contract at any time. It isn't a good idea if the job isn't finished, unless you and the client agree it should be closed or the client has been unresponsive for at least a few weeks.

If the client closes the contract they are supposed to be required to leave feedback. If you close it, the client may not leave feedback. We have been told that "too many" (whatever that  means) closed projects without client feedback will hurt your Job Success Score.

Different specialties on Upwork face different expectations from their clients, but I usually have 15 or more active contracts at any one time. I don't know that you should assume new clients won't hire you if you have an open contract with another client.

mzabin
Community Member

You are right, but because two of clients told me 'When you finish your job', I told them that I have finished my work, but I think that they didn't believe me, and left the chat room. From this I assumed that clients would think that I am lying when I tell them that I am free.

Mohammed Z wrote:

You are right, but because two of clients told me 'When you finish your job', I told them that I have finished my work, but I think that they didn't believe me, and left the chat room. From this I assumed that clients would think that I am lying when I tell them that I am free.

Professional clients have no expectation that a FL will work exclusively for them (unless they are offering a huge contract that will obviously consume ALL of your time and capabilities for a specified period of time). And people who assume you are lying, are probably not above telling lies of their own. So maybe you dodged a couple of bullets.

Thank you Phillys,

You are right, I have nothing to do. Just accept the current situation.

Thank you,  I'll follow your advice ..  Smiley Very Happy Smiley Wink

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths