Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate My Stats | Communication

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
1 of 11

When My Stats was first introduced to my account, the Communication rating was less than 100% (should have been 100% i.e., "Always"), then, it corrected itself to 100% a few days later.

Now after replying to an invitation within about two hours, the Communication rating is back to less than 100% (i.e., less than "Always").

What's up with oDesk's calculations? Is this another bug?

I would like to leave my availability to "available"; however, if oDesk's calculations are erroneous, I would like to have an option to opt-out of invitations. For several months invitations received were not worthwhile anyway. Yes, I realize that "availability" and "invitations" are supposed to work hand-in-hand; however, they don't!

Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
2 of 11

Ronald

Its all about the newly introduced robot just trying to undestand it but it did not let me know about it.

I am having screenshots from the start till yesterday to campare how it behaves.with this scenario there is one contract ended with 5star rating but note that my JS has droped to 92% before the client ends the contract so i dont think the client gave me bad private feed back,

With this time frame i have worked with my 2 clients who just assign new milestones as the jobs were in progress and I have earnd less than $200.

No new clients not get hired nothing happen but my stats acting like crazy its just changing like stock exchange rates its really hard for the robot to decide what should be the accurate numbers for my stats.

I would like to request comunity as well as mods and engineers to have have a look at the attachment to see if the robot is working perfect for me.

Thanks

Community Leader
Chad R Member Since: Mar 19, 2015
3 of 11

That's interesting.

You seem to be paying money some days, and earning money on others.  At least from the robot's perspective apparently.

The same thing is happening to me.  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the robot.

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
BEST ANSWER
4 of 11

@Iftikhar I wrote:

Ronald

Its all about the newly introduced robot just trying to undestand it but it did not let me know about it.

I am having screenshots from the start till yesterday to campare how it behaves.with this scenario there is one contract ended with 5star rating but note that my JS has droped to 92% before the client ends the contract so i dont think the client gave me bad private feed back,

With this time frame i have worked with my 2 clients who just assign new milestones as the jobs were in progress and I have earnd less than $200.

No new clients not get hired nothing happen but my stats acting like crazy its just changing like stock exchange rates its really hard for the robot to decide what should be the accurate numbers for my stats.

I would like to request comunity as well as mods and engineers to have have a look at the attachment to see if the robot is working perfect for me.

Thanks

The My Stat page supposedly feeds from last 12 months data, although the mods have also confirmed that for some metrics (I can't remember which), it also looks at last 24 months. It's never been stated which day of the month it starts with, but lets assume 1st. So if you look at your My Stats in 02/2015, it will look at 02/14-02/15 (or 02/13-02/15), if you look at in March, it will not take into consideration last February, and if you look at it in April, it won't take into consideration Feb and March which is how the drops/fluctuations could be explained. So you could have received one subpar rating in say June that was balanced out by otherwise excellent ratings and subsequently a high JS score, but as time progresses, you may have less activity and therefor the stats can't balance out the bad rating from June which is why you'd see a drop despite not having had any contract activity. I am not great at explaining it, but I think it's fair to say that due to the lack of transparency re: weighing past feedback, and because of oDesk's track record of releasing flawed features, this feature needs simplification or, a detailed manual that would allow us to verify its accuracy.

Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
5 of 11

Krisztina

Thanks for the effort but i just understood the last couple of lines.

I am not great at explaining it, but I think it's fair to say that due to the lack of transparency re: weighing past feedback, and because of oDesk's track record of releasing flawed features, this feature needs simplification or, a detailed manual that would allow us to verify its accuracy.

Well lets assume it calculate 12 or 24 months but the fect is that its already calculate each and everything whole my work history, feedback,earnings,refunds etc and it provide me MY Stats so after a day it remember that the right calculation for my JS is 92% not  94%.Did he calculate wrong how much i have earnd in last 12 months.

How it can calculate my long term clients even no one comes and no one left me in that period of time how it can play with my earnings like stock exchange

Hope in future it reminds that on april 21 2013 i did a great job and my JS% goes to 100%

There are two bodies which can answer the Robot or the person who made it.

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
6 of 11

"There are two bodies which can answer the Robot or the person who made it"

Probably only one actually - and that's a robot.

BUT, the fluctuations are probably due to it being a rolling score for the past year. So if your score changes one day it can be because of something that dropped off the score 366 days ago.

Community Leader
Chad R Member Since: Mar 19, 2015
7 of 11

I don't understand this either.

How is it altering results when there is no change in data?

Something is seriously wrong with the robots/algorithms, or the systems that collate the data.

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
8 of 11

Hi Ron,

I'm seeing your responsiveness numbers showing at 100%. I wonder if this is due to a correction when the client withdraws the invitation (and thus shouldn't get counted against your responsiveness score). We've also seen your Job Success score holding steady at 100% (great job).

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
9 of 11

The same thing just happened to me. 

It was 'replied always within a day' until yesterday.

Then, after declining another invitation to interview for yet another unsuitable job it dropped all of a sudden.

I have only been on oDesk for 2,5 months and haven't received that many invitations yet - I remember replying to every single one of them.

Another one of those weird things that happen with stats and scores...

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
10 of 11

I actually just checked my communication stats myself by clicking on the job descriptions in the email invitations (via notifications) - and it states on every single on of them that I became active and either declined the invitation or accepted the interview.

What gives?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS