🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Inaccurate Work History_Work never started...
Page options
rpk_chem
Community Member

Inaccurate Work History_Work never started...

Hi!

There is work showing on my history, but my 1st day of work was not scheduled until Monday, Oct 12th. The client (**edited for Community Guidelines**) prematurely had me marked as an employee. But after having learned more about the position, I declined the work. This occurred last week. 

The work history is not accurate. How do I get the work history removed from my account?

Thank you for your help! Raquel

13 REPLIES 13
wescowley
Community Member

When you say it's on your work history, what page are you talking bout?

Did you accept an offer from the client?

[image: image.png]

I declined the offer last week, Thursday the 8th, to be exact.

Thanks for your help!

Raquel

The image didn't come through, so I don't know what page you're talking about.

If you declined the offer it shouldn't be showing on your work history at all.

Hi,

Work is showing in My Contracts. The client prematurely started the time
clock. My 1st day was not scheduled til Monday and Monday isn't here, yet.

I just happened to navigate to My Contracts and I made the discovery.

Raquel

If it's on My Contracts, then you accepted an offer. There is currently no other way for it to get to that page.

Look back in your chat history with the client: you should see something that looks like:

so  and so sent an offer:
Rate: $50.00/hr
Limit: 40 hrs/week
View details

or 

so  and so sent an offer:
Est. Budget: $1,600.00
Milestone 1: blah blah blah
Amount in escrow: $1,600.00
View details

followed by:

<your name> accepted the offer

(ETA: left off part of the offer text)

Raquel P wrote:
Hi,

Work is showing in My Contracts. The client prematurely started the time
clock. My 1st day was not scheduled til Monday and Monday isn't here, yet.

I just happened to navigate to My Contracts and I made the discovery.

Raquel

Well, it looks like the customer accepted your offer and you have an active contract.
If you accorded with the client that you would start working on Monday, you just have to start working on Monday.
The fact that the contract is active does not mean that time is running out.
I don't know if I'm wrong, but it seems, from what you say, that it is an hourly contract with a set limit of hours per week, is that correct?

The client closed the contract on Oct 7th. There is an email string to
confirm. Work hadn't started (Oct 12 was 1st day) and yes, it was set for
an hourly rate.

Raquel

Raquel P wrote:
The client closed the contract on Oct 7th. There is an email string to
confirm. Work hadn't started (Oct 12 was 1st day) and yes, it was set for
an hourly rate.

Raquel

I'm sorry Raquel, but I can't understand what you mean. I hope someone else shows up and can help you, because I can't understand anything Smiley Frustrated

OK, so you accepted an offer, which starts a contract. Then you decided it wasn't something you worked on, told the client, and they closed the contract. So there should be something in your chat history that says:

<client name> ended the contract

View details

First, I'm not 100% certain, but I think closed hourly contracts stay on the active contracts list until the end of the week (midnight UTC Sunday night). 

Second, never accept an offer until you're sure you're going to do the work, because you're setting yourself up for poor feedback, which will hurt your JSS later on when you have one. There's a whole bunch of info in this thread on how to use Upwork. Please read it, as well as everything in the freelancer help section, before you proceed further.

Raquel, no work appears on your profile. Neither finished nor in progress.

rpk_chem
Community Member

I have information on My contracts. I declined a job several days before start date, Oct 7th. There is an email string to prove so. The client wanted me to deceive customers and I couldn't do it so I declined the job. The client had started my contract prematurely and now it is showing that I was working. Contract was not to start til Oct 12th. I had tried to explain this to Wes on the community forum, but his communication had disappeared; he didn't get my last two emails. I am new to Upwork. Can you help me remove this inaccurate information?

Thanks for your help!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Raquel, 

I have merged your post to your original post regarding the same topic so that everything is in one place. 

As for your concern, I can confirm that this contract will not show in your Work History since no money exchanged hands. At least $1 needs to be paid on a contract for the contract to show in your Work History. This contract will only be listed in your All Contracts page (My Jobs > All Contracts) and will not be visible to anyone. 

I hope that answers your concern. Please let us know if you have other questions, and our team will be happy to help you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
tlbp
Community Member

Raquel P wrote:

I have information on My contracts. I declined a job several days before start date, Oct 7th. There is an email string to prove so. The client wanted me to deceive customers and I couldn't do it so I declined the job. The client had started my contract prematurely and now it is showing that I was working. Contract was not to start til Oct 12th. I had tried to explain this to Wes on the community forum, but his communication had disappeared; he didn't get my last two emails. I am new to Upwork. Can you help me remove this inaccurate information?

Thanks for your help!

Once you accept the offer you have a contract that will appear under your contracts and jobs tab. The physical commencement date for the work doesn't affect whether a contract was formed or not. It is the acceptance of the offer that triggers all the subsequent events. 

So, if I understand correctly, you

• accepted an offer, thus creating a contract
  • decided that you did not agree with the work requirements and asked to end the contract
  • the client ended the contract before the official start date for the work

The end result is that you had a contract which is now closed and it will appear as a past contract on your account. But, the contract won't appear in your public work history because zero dollar contracts don't appear there. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths