cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate Work History_Work never started...

m_terrazas
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
11 of 14

Raquel, no work appears on your profile. Neither finished nor in progress.

rpk_chem
Raquel P Member Since: Oct 10, 2020
12 of 14

I have information on My contracts. I declined a job several days before start date, Oct 7th. There is an email string to prove so. The client wanted me to deceive customers and I couldn't do it so I declined the job. The client had started my contract prematurely and now it is showing that I was working. Contract was not to start til Oct 12th. I had tried to explain this to Wes on the community forum, but his communication had disappeared; he didn't get my last two emails. I am new to Upwork. Can you help me remove this inaccurate information?

Thanks for your help!

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
13 of 14

Hi Raquel, 

I have merged your post to your original post regarding the same topic so that everything is in one place. 

As for your concern, I can confirm that this contract will not show in your Work History since no money exchanged hands. At least $1 needs to be paid on a contract for the contract to show in your Work History. This contract will only be listed in your All Contracts page (My Jobs > All Contracts) and will not be visible to anyone. 

I hope that answers your concern. Please let us know if you have other questions, and our team will be happy to help you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
14 of 14

Raquel P wrote:

I have information on My contracts. I declined a job several days before start date, Oct 7th. There is an email string to prove so. The client wanted me to deceive customers and I couldn't do it so I declined the job. The client had started my contract prematurely and now it is showing that I was working. Contract was not to start til Oct 12th. I had tried to explain this to Wes on the community forum, but his communication had disappeared; he didn't get my last two emails. I am new to Upwork. Can you help me remove this inaccurate information?

Thanks for your help!

Once you accept the offer you have a contract that will appear under your contracts and jobs tab. The physical commencement date for the work doesn't affect whether a contract was formed or not. It is the acceptance of the offer that triggers all the subsequent events. 

So, if I understand correctly, you

• accepted an offer, thus creating a contract
  • decided that you did not agree with the work requirements and asked to end the contract
  • the client ended the contract before the official start date for the work

The end result is that you had a contract which is now closed and it will appear as a past contract on your account. But, the contract won't appear in your public work history because zero dollar contracts don't appear there. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS