🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Inactive Jobs for several years
Page options
arfanup
Community Member

Inactive Jobs for several years

Hey Gurus,

I have almost 20 Inactive jobs piled up for last 4 years. I have requested clients several time to end contracts but most of them have disappered from upwork and don't reply. All the jobs are with earnings. I want to empty my 'Job In progress' section from these inactive jobs, which I think are affecting my JSS too (but not sure). Please advise either should I end conttacts one sidedly or not. ? 

If not, what should I do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Ahtesham A wrote:

Hey Gurus,

I have almost 20 Inactive jobs piled up for last 4 years. I have requested clients several time to end contracts but most of them have disappered from upwork and don't reply. All the jobs are with earnings. I want to empty my 'Job In progress' section from these inactive jobs, which I think are affecting my JSS too (but not sure). Please advise either should I end conttacts one sidedly or not. ? 

It has no effect on your JSS or anything, but I agree the ratio of your jobs in progress to ended contracts looks weird. A potential client might think you are too busy. It will also look weird when you end them, since they might show up as a 20$ contract that took 4 years, not a great look either. 

So in short, it's all about the optics of your profile. End them one at a time, not all of them together, so that they blend in with your current ended contracts, so when a current contract is ended, end one of the old ones yourself. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
django_expert
Community Member

I am also facing this issue due to which I lost my rising talent badge.

Hey Abubakar,

You can end those contracts also if you want to. Click on those projects and you should be able to find the option End Contract.

Thanks,

JoanneP

Hi Ahtesham, 

You can close the contract yourself if the clients have been unresponsive to your request. You might want to check this announcement and this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Ahtesham A wrote:

Hey Gurus,

It has no effect on your JSS or anything, but I agree the ratio of your jobs in progress to ended contracts looks weird. A potential client might think you are too busy. It will also look weird when you end them, since they might show up as a 20$ contract that took 4 years, not a great look either. 

So in short, it's all about the optics of your profile. End them one at a time, not all of them together, so that they blend in with your current ended contracts, so when a current contract is ended, end one of the old ones yourself. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members