cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Inactive Local Bank Account

Cristy M Member Since: Aug 5, 2018
1 of 8

Hi! I made a widrawal transaction in Upwork direct to my local bank account. It was too late when I knew that my local bank account was inactivated. I went to the bank, I was told that it can't be reactivated and that I must inform upwork to ammend the transaction...now i updated my payment method with new account..the bank told me that the money was not able to reached the account because the account wa close July 31 and I made the widrwal transaction in Upwork on August 2..Can I still get the amount that I have widrawn last August 2 using my bank account?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 8

The money will automatically be returned to your Upwork account.

3 of 8

Evenif I already removed the inactivated bank accout from my payment method?

4 of 8

I removed that account 30 minutes ago

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 8

Yes.

It does not matter if you removed the inactive account from your Upwork settings.

What matters is that the funds transfer could not be completed. So the money comes back to Upwork.

Highlighted
6 of 8

Thanks Preston!

Rafiqul I Member Since: Mar 22, 2019
7 of 8

I am facing like this problem. would you please tell me how can I solve it.

I detached from upwork about 5 years. I want to connect with upwork. I am trying to remove the inactive bank account but I am not getting any option. please tell me the process.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
8 of 8

Hi Rafiqul,

First, you will need to contact Payoneer customer support to disconnect your old Payoneer card from Upwork. Afterwards, contact our Customer support and our team will assist you further with your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS