🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Inactive account but want to use email
Page options
reactivelab
Community Member

Inactive account but want to use email

I don't know what option I touched and my account logged out and didn't let me login again, showing this message in the login page.

This email address is associated with an inactive account. Contact Upwork Support if you want to use this email address or register with another email address.

I, indeed, want to use this email to continue working in Upwork. Can you help me solve this?

How can I contact Upwork Support, I looked all over but I couldn't find it

93 REPLIES 93
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM, include a User ID and email address of the account you need help with. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
3710cd04
Community Member

I'm having a similar issure - trying to create an account with an email previously used on an account I tried to close. When signing up, I get an error saying the email is associated with an 'inactive account' and to contact support if I wish to use that email. I cannot log in since I attempted to close the account and therefore can't seem to find a way to contact support, had to make an account under a different an email to contact anyone. Can anyone help with this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joseph,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your request. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
01e7402c
Community Member

Hi,

I am having the same problem with other inactive account, but i can not contact you since this one is a newer one (at least i think that is the case). Can you please give me these privileges so i can contact you.

Error message: This email address is associated with an inactive account. Contact Upwork Support if you want to use this email address or register with another email address.

Thank you,

Milos Mladenovic

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Milos,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with a username and email address of the account you need help with. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I am having the same problem with another inactive account (**Edited for community guidelines**), but I can not contact you since this one (**Edited for community guidelines**) is a newer one (at least I think that is the case). Can you please give me these privileges so I can contact you. Or just restore my old account and tell me how to change it from client to freelancer.

Error message: This email address is associated with an inactive account. Contact Upwork Support if you want to use this email address or register with another email address.

Thank you,

Mouneer Abdelaziz

Hi Mouneer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your old account is restored now. Please close your new account in order not to violate Upwork's ToS.

To create a Freelancer account on your existing account, please follow up instructions in this help article.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
kccarreon
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I am having the same problem with another inactive account (**Edited for community guidelines**), but I can not contact you since this one (**Edited for community guidelines**) is a newer one (at least I think that is the case). Can you please give me these privileges so I can contact you. Or just restore my old account and tell me how to change it from client to freelancer.

Thank you,

Hi Kenneth,

Could you please send me a PM with your username and email address of the account you need help with? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I am having the same problem with other inactive account, but i can not contact you since this one is a newer one (at least i think that is the case). Can you please give me these privileges so i can contact you.

Regards,

Tony

Hi Tony,

Please share the email or userID of your inactive account so I can check this for you. You can send them to me via PM by clicking on my name. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
surajkr
Community Member

Same problem is faced by my friend. it got locked while he was registering and filling some description. Now he can't recreate / nor he can access that account as while recreating it says it is inactive account and need to consult with customer support. and if tries to login it says invalid username / email.

Could you assist us in troubleshooting the problem as he was trying to open the account on upwork.

Regards,

Suraj Kumar

oneryasin
Community Member

Hi, 

I have almost same issue, how could I get my real account back? I created a new account but I want to use my other email instead of this one. 

I'd really appreciate it if you could help me.

Thanks. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yasin,

Your original account has been restored. Please close your new account in order not to violate Upwork's ToS.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
a65289a4
Community Member

Bojan, 

Can you help me reactivate my work account? I created a freelancer account by accident, then deleted it and want to create a client account.

I tried to message you directly but it says I don't have permissions to do this. 

Thanks,

Jennifer

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jennifer.

Your account is now restored, please close your new account in order not to violate Upwork's ToS.

Check out this help article for more information on how to create a Client account on your existing account.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello. Can u help me pls. I was try to get an account and i was made a mistake and was trying to delete my account. And now if im gonna create a new one with using old email - i have a  msg "This email address is associated with an inactive account. Contact Upwork Support if you want to use this email address or register with another email address."

I had to create a new one to contact with u.

Hi Vitalii,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. The email address that is associated with one account cannot be associated with another account. 

Please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your request. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm having the same problem and I can't send you a PM due to privileges. Also I couldn't sign up with my name Macarena, it changes it to MacArena. I had to create this account so I could post here. 

Thank you

Hey Bojan,

I also experienced the same thing. However, I tried messaging you privately but it seems that I don't have access as I am a new user

regards,

Erica

Hi Erica,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I haven't heard from anyone regarding my inactive account. the email
address is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I wanted to use this as I have changed my surname already to my married
name and made the mistake of creating the wrong type of account. Kindly help

thanks,
Erica **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Erica, 

I checked and I can confirm that our team has already reached out to you regarding your account. They sent you an email to the email address associated with the account you created to post here in the community. Kindly check the email and provide the details requested so that our team can assist you directly. Thanks.

~ Joanne
Upwork

HI Bojan or upwork team. Please assist me. 

the account (not this one) says that my account is inactive, i only tried to sign up with it a couple of weeks, your site was down/experiencing some issues when I was signing up and I think thats the issue.

the account is under my Name Jeremy the email address is **Edited for Community Guidelines** - I had to log into this account to post the issue otherwise i can't enquire.

Can you please fix my account at **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks 

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Your old account has been restored. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
5586c7f7
Community Member

HI please help me restore my account with email id **Edited for Community Guidelines**

which I have accidently closed in profile option 

And can't PM you as it shows up acess denied so you have my email id please restore my account

Hi Deep,

Your account is reopened and our team will close this account shortly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
maxim1994
Community Member

hello,  a had an account  with email **Edited for Community Guidelines**  but  whan i try to login i got and error:"This email address is associated with an inactive account. Contact Upwork Support if you want to use this email address or register with another email address" could you please help me recover access to my account?

Hi Maxim,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Your old account has been restored. Kindly, close your newly created account in order not to violate Upwork's ToS.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

ok, will do, thank you!!!!

netsol_it
Community Member

I don't know why i am not able to login to my account, i have not used it since long time, but now i am not able to register with the same email and nor i am able to login.

I am getting below error.

This email address is associated with an inactive account.

Also i have tried messageing you with this new account, i have received the following error.

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

I have just created this accoutn to talk to community members because there are no resources avaiable to talk about any issue. And i am not able to find any article on this, also there is no help available on the internet.

Hi Netsol,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Could you please send me a PM with your username and email address of the account you need help with? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I'm also having an issue with the "inactive account" status with my email address. I closed my account before I even finished the initial setup thinking I could come back and complete my account later. Is there any way to reinstate my email address? I had to open this new account in order to contact you, but it's not an email address I use or check regularly.

Regards,

Tony

Hi Tony,

I replied to your private message, thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello Sir,

I have delete my account that was under-review. I just want to change my email address. so first of all i close my account and change my email address. but email or username is not going to loggedin. I want to get previous username in upwork. Please help

Hi Tabish,

Could you please send me a PM with more information about your request along with your username and email address of the account you need help with? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
surajkr
Community Member

The same problem is faced by my profile and he can't even comment and ask question as it requires upwork account to do that.

So, could you please assist in opening the account while he was registering or delete the whole previous account. So, he could also try to re-register it again.

Hi I've got the same problem:
"This email address is associated with an inactive account. Contact Upwork Support if you want to use this email address or register with another email address."
So in order to write here I have created another account. Any sugestions are more than welcome. 

Hi Ivaylo,

I'd be happy to check this for you. Please send me a PM with more information. You can PM me by clicking on my name. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths