cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactive account but want to use email

Reactive L Member Since: Mar 14, 2019
1 of 92

I don't know what option I touched and my account logged out and didn't let me login again, showing this message in the login page.

This email address is associated with an inactive account. Contact Upwork Support if you want to use this email address or register with another email address.

I, indeed, want to use this email to continue working in Upwork. Can you help me solve this?

How can I contact Upwork Support, I looked all over but I couldn't find it

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2 of 92

Hello,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM, include a User ID and email address of the account you need help with. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Joseph T Member Since: Mar 21, 2019
3 of 92

I'm having a similar issure - trying to create an account with an email previously used on an account I tried to close. When signing up, I get an error saying the email is associated with an 'inactive account' and to contact support if I wish to use that email. I cannot log in since I attempted to close the account and therefore can't seem to find a way to contact support, had to make an account under a different an email to contact anyone. Can anyone help with this?

4 of 92

Hi Joseph,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your request. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Milos M Member Since: Apr 22, 2019
5 of 92

Hi,

I am having the same problem with other inactive account, but i can not contact you since this one is a newer one (at least i think that is the case). Can you please give me these privileges so i can contact you.

Error message: This email address is associated with an inactive account. Contact Upwork Support if you want to use this email address or register with another email address.

Thank you,

Milos Mladenovic

6 of 92

Hi Milos,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with a username and email address of the account you need help with. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Mouneer A Member Since: Aug 7, 2019
7 of 92

Hi Bojan,

I am having the same problem with another inactive account (**Edited for community guidelines**), but I can not contact you since this one (**Edited for community guidelines**) is a newer one (at least I think that is the case). Can you please give me these privileges so I can contact you. Or just restore my old account and tell me how to change it from client to freelancer.

Error message: This email address is associated with an inactive account. Contact Upwork Support if you want to use this email address or register with another email address.

Thank you,

Mouneer Abdelaziz

8 of 92

Hi Mouneer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your old account is restored now. Please close your new account in order not to violate Upwork's ToS.

To create a Freelancer account on your existing account, please follow up instructions in this help article.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Kenneth C Member Since: Sep 7, 2019
9 of 92

Hi Bojan,

I am having the same problem with another inactive account (**Edited for community guidelines**), but I can not contact you since this one (**Edited for community guidelines**) is a newer one (at least I think that is the case). Can you please give me these privileges so I can contact you. Or just restore my old account and tell me how to change it from client to freelancer.

Thank you,

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
10 of 92

Hi Kenneth,

Could you please send me a PM with your username and email address of the account you need help with? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS