🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Inactive account but want to use email
Page options
reactivelab
Community Member

Inactive account but want to use email

I don't know what option I touched and my account logged out and didn't let me login again, showing this message in the login page.

This email address is associated with an inactive account. Contact Upwork Support if you want to use this email address or register with another email address.

I, indeed, want to use this email to continue working in Upwork. Can you help me solve this?

How can I contact Upwork Support, I looked all over but I couldn't find it

93 REPLIES 93
yzai21
Community Member

I have the same question. Is it possible to use the same email in creating a new upwork account if I delete the existing one? Thank you

Hi Hazel,

Please be informed that according to our ToS a user can only create one account on Upwork. If you wish to use the same email address, you have to retain your account.  Let me know if there's anything else. 

~ Riri

Hello,

I am also having the same problem and I really need to change my e-mail.

Thanks.

Hi Souha,

Sorry to hear that. Please be informed that according to our ToS a user can only create one account on Upwork, if you wish to use your old/original email address, we can reactivate the account for you and help you in closing the new one. Thank you.

- Aaron
Untitled

I have the same problem as well! Can someone assist me? Thank you! 
(It's because I used my first email before and now I can't use it again to link my paypal)

Hi!  I have the same issue. My friend has asked me to help him because he can't reach support.  He started to sign up, but chose the wrong name during the registration process. To change it, he deleted an account and started to create it again. But now, when he click on the signup button he sees a notification:  "This email address is associated with an inactive account. Contact Upwork Support if you want to use this email address or register with another email address." The funniest thing is that he can't contact Upwork support, because he can't log in ) Could you help, please?

Hi Anastasiia,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email address your friend is experiencing this issue with. I'll check that and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I want to activate my old email can you help me?

Hi Fatma Elzahraa,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your request. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
r_saldi
Community Member

I also have the same issue. I need to reactivate my old account. Your help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi RB, 

Please send me a private message by clicking on my name with your old account's information so that I can assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi RB, 

I realized that my private messages weren't going through. I apologise for the delay. I checked and it looks like I'm unable to reinstate your old account because you are using the same email address for this account where you are posting from. I would recommend that you continue using this new account since the old account is closed anyway, and you were just about to set it up. 

Let me know if you have other questions. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, 

I need help. I recently closed my other account and I want to use the email address of the closed account to my approved upwork account. It is possible? Let me know, please. I'd prefer using the email from my close account. Thank you

Hi Riza,

Thank you for your message. I regret to inform you that you cannot use the email address linked to your closed account. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths