Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactive client

ipetrovski
Ivan P Member Since: Feb 21, 2017
1 of 11

Hello,

I've done some work for my 2nd client. He was satisfied with the results of the job and gave me another contract to do more work. But i finished my work 18 days ago. For both contracts. Since then i can't find my client. He does not respond to my messages on upwork or on his mail. And i haven't recived any payment yet.

What should i do? I'am worried about my score. I don't want to recive bad reputation or stay without money. I sent him too many messages but still no answer.

Please help,
Ivan

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
2 of 11

Where you officially hired through Upwork with a contract and escrowed milestones in place if fixed, and using the time tracker if hourly? Was client's payment method verified.

More details will get you more help.

ipetrovski
3 of 11

Yes it was fixed price contract. No milestones set cause it was 1 day job and i finished it verry quick. His payment is verified and he spent 5000 so far. But his rating is 3.

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
4 of 11

It doesn't matter what the time frame is. You should not start or send any work without a verified and funded milestone. I'm afraid you're out of luck.

So you did have a funded milestone. Good ... then you should get paid. As for feedback, that's pretty much out of our control - not much point in worrying about it.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
5 of 11

Hi Ivan,

It looks like you submitted and requested payment on your fixed-price contract that had money funded in Escrow. 14 days after you made that request, the money will be released to you automatically if the client takes no actions.

Edit: I had to remove your post with a screenshot as it contained private information.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

ipetrovski
6 of 11

Thanks Valeria! But im not worried so much about money. Im worried about feedback from client. I've sent him the work as soon as possible, but after this i think he might give me bad reputation.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
7 of 11

re: "Thanks Valeria! But im not worried so much about money. Im worried about feedback from client. I've sent him the work as soon as possible, but after this i think he might give me bad reputation."

If he never logs onto Upwork again, and if you never hear form him again, then you'll get paid, but he won't leave feedback.

Oh well. It happens.

As long as you don't have a pattern of many non-feedback contracts, your Job Success Score will not be hurt.

ivanvolkow
Ivan V Member Since: Oct 10, 2017
8 of 11

I have contract with one closed milestone, $0.00 In Escrow, but some funds in Budget.
How long this contract can be opened without a job, so as not to affect my JSS?

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
9 of 11

Hi Ivan,

We won't be able to share details about when inactive contracts start to affect JSS negatively. If you don't expect to do any more work on the contract in the near future, you can ask the client to close it. They can always easily rehire you. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ivanvolkow
Ivan V Member Since: Oct 10, 2017
10 of 11

Unclear or inaccurate terms, you speak about lead to specific actions - it affect to my JSS negatively. The price of several days is too high, must then be corrected for months. The question is how much I'm allowed to wait any more this work on the contract.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS