🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Inactive client
Page options
detjon
Community Member

Inactive client

Hello,

So I have an inactive and unresponsive client at the moment and that happened right after I submitted work for review. Now I know that after 14 days of no review from client the fund will be released to me, however I need to know if the contract will be closed and if the client can leave a feedback. I would be very thankful if someone could help with that.

I hope you are doing well.

Best regards,
Detjon.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kat303
Community Member

The contract will stay open until the client or you closes it. It will show as Job in Progress on your profile. Since the client is not responding, it looks like you will need to close it, BUT, you should hold off on that. Wait until you get a few more contracts closed by a client with good feedback. that's because you only have 1 job completed with feedback.  When you get a few more a closed contract with no feedback will not hurt you. or affect your JSS when you get a JSS .

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tlsanders
Community Member

The contract doesn't close automatically. If the client closes it, he/she will be forced to leave feedback for you. If you close the contract, the client may or may not come back and leave feedback--often they do not.

detjon
Community Member

Hi,

Thank you for responding to my problem.

The client is inactive and I have submitted the work, however he is not responding nor reviewing. In 5 days, the funds are supposed to be released to me, since the review period already passed. What happens with the contract in that case?

Thank you.
kat303
Community Member

The contract will stay open until the client or you closes it. It will show as Job in Progress on your profile. Since the client is not responding, it looks like you will need to close it, BUT, you should hold off on that. Wait until you get a few more contracts closed by a client with good feedback. that's because you only have 1 job completed with feedback.  When you get a few more a closed contract with no feedback will not hurt you. or affect your JSS when you get a JSS .

detjon
Community Member

Hi Kathy,

That's really helpful. I will do that and hold off on it. Hopefully he responds.

Wish you the best,
Detjon
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths