cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactivity

rehamsherbiny
Active

I've been on Upwork since November 2016 and I've done two jobs. I had to stop working for a while during my finals and made myself invisible on Upwork. I recently finished my finals and I'm back and visible. However every time I apply for a job it says I don't meet the requirements because of the "Include rising talent" option. What do I do to get back on track and have my proposals accepted ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cartrellgeneral
Community Guru

Hi Reham,

You can still apply to those jobs. That is just a preference stated by the client but you should be able to apply unless something has changed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
cartrellgeneral
Community Guru

Hi Reham,

You can still apply to those jobs. That is just a preference stated by the client but you should be able to apply unless something has changed.

Thank you for replying. I think it appears due to my inactivity my proposals aren't being considered anymore. I just don't know what to do.

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Reham,

You can submit proposals to jobs that include this preference and your proposals will be shown to clients. Just make sure you have the skills and experience to complete the job as per the client's requirements.

Untitled

They are, but it seems I'm not getting any replies lately and I have no idea if this is due to my long term inactivity or what, because before my inactivity I used to recieve a lot of proposals. Thank you for replying.

The inactivity hurts you because while you were away, someone else was working. Those individual have more, and more recent reviews to show potential clients. Some clients only search for people who have worked recently, others take those stats into consideration when selecting a freelancer.

You may have to work hard to overcome the competition's advantage. There are many full-time freelancers on the platform.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS