cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inappropriate Behavior of Upwork Support Team

narrator_psyche
Mikhail U Member Since: Aug 21, 2016
1 of 7

A week ago I submitted request (Request #17696626) to Upwork Help Center. This ticket was assigned to someone with name **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

The issue was related to JSS category (about 3% drop I received recently without any objective reasons). I’m pretty familiar with how the JSS calculation works – so I’ve asked to check what exactly the reason of this change was, because I didn’t have any idea why it happened. BTW I still have no idea about it : )

First response from Support - summaries of my outcomes, contracts, feedbacks…. Very helpful information, you know. Actually (most interesting!) those facts were far away from reality, so I had to reply with even more questions.

In second response I didn’t receive any answer, besides “We’re currently looking into this issue for you”. Okay.

On 4-th day of silence I’ve asked about how it goes. And finally I received a response with a new possible reason of issue. But it doesn’t match with the real things happening in my account. So I’ve clarified about new reason once again, are they sure? Once again I’m asking – and hearing no answers.

Today my ticket was marked as “Solved” without a reply. Of course I wrote to Cheryl what’s going on – and she ignored my message one more time, once again set up the “Open” state to “Solved”…To cut a long story short – I didn’t receive any help for the issue overall, and I can’t get any idea what is the purpose of Upwork Help Center if no appropriate services were granted.

I’ll appreciate any real help in my situation. Yes, I can create another ticket, but there is no sense, so I’m writing here in Community – hope to figure out this particular request.

Thanks in advance!

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 7

Do not create new tickets. They will always be closed and merged into the original one as everything about one issue has to be on one ticket. So you can create a follow up on your existing (main) ticket.

however:

I would not expect an answer about the specific reason your JSS dropped. They will not give you that.

any contracts that have been inactive for a longer period of time? Any that closed without payment or cancelled or refunded?

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 7
Customer Support does not calculate your Job Success Score. Contacting them about JSS is a waste of your time. You can learn more about your score by reading available information in the Help section, the Community Forum, and your My Stats page.
rolandofgilead
Community Guru
Mattia G Member Since: Mar 10, 2014
4 of 7

Well, it depends on the nature of your questions, I suppose. Upwork support team has always been very helpful to me... so, let me award them a "plus 40" to balance the whole thing ^^"

“Go then, there are other worlds than these.”
―Stephen King, The Gunslinger
nativecreativet
Community Leader
Claudia B Member Since: Jan 12, 2017
5 of 7

There's no reason to write down the support team member's name here. Naming and shaming in the public is a no-no. Kids in Germany learn this in primary school.

This widget could not be displayed.
6 of 7
This widget could not be displayed.

@Claudia B wrote:

There's no reason to write down the support team member's name here. Naming and shaming in the public is a no-no. Kids in Germany learn this in primary school.

Woman Embarassed

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 7

Hi Mikhail,

I see that the agent has already gone to a great extent to explain factors that may have affected your Job Success score. You can also check this help article for more information. Note that certain details can't be shared here in the Community or in a ticket in order to protect the privacy of private feedback and integrity of the score.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS