🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Inappropriate Languge by client
Page options
yuki-chibs
Community Member

Inappropriate Languge by client

Hi community,

I would need your help if the client used inappropriate lanauge. When I've aplied job, he asked me as screen shot.

• He ased me How is my experience relevant
  • So I've replied what might be relevant
  • Then **bleep** o**

this is the first time for me to encounter moment like this, if you were my situation what would you do? I would ususally ignore but I don't want other freelancers to experience same thing as me.

Thank you for your help

Yuki

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
2a05aa63
Community Member

Are you spamming your services to random job proposals? Even if your client shouldn't have used inappropriate language, but you surely should not advertise your services this way.

petra_r
Community Member

It is obviously not appropriate for the client to use language like that.

It is equally inappropriate for freelancers to spam clients with irrelevant offers.

The client wasn't really "asking you" how whatever you had written before was relevant. The client was basically irritated because whatever you had written previously was irrelevant.

So yes, obviously you are free to report the client for the way they expressed their frustration with your communication.

Whether you feel the need to do so is ultimately up to you.

The best way to avoid irritating clients to this extend is to keep communication with clients nice and relevant and professional.

NikolaS

Hi Yuki,

I am sorry for the late response. Please check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content.

Our team will review your report and take appropriate steps. Thank you.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members