🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Inappropriate client language and behavio...
Page options
asha_ramesh
Community Member

Inappropriate client language and behaviour

Hello,

I am currently under contract with a client who has previously given jobs that I have completed successfully. I am into research writing, especially dental-related. The client did not put all his requirements in the job offer and started adding when I was asking him questions. It led to a point where he said that he will leave negative feedback on my profile. I said that I do not mind such hollow threats and that if you are interested in working with me, I need your inputs without any personal jabs. Finally, I agreed to do the job but he has ended the conversation stating that he wants to visit India (my native country), and ride on elephants along with me. I find this extremely inappropriate. Please guide me regarding the course of action. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Asha,

I'm sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience with this Client. I'll share this with our team for further investigation and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes.

Please, check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found within each message room to report any inappropriate content.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Asha,

I'm sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience with this Client. I'll share this with our team for further investigation and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes.

Please, check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found within each message room to report any inappropriate content.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

i followed it up by delivering the job, but he has become nitpicky and given corrections with almost each and every line. He wants me re-do some things as well. I want to end the contract and he has not paid any money to me. The amount is in escrow. Will it affect my profile or JSS? Kindly revert. 

Asha R wrote:

i followed it up by delivering the job, but he has become nitpicky and given corrections with almost each and every line. He wants me re-do some things as well. I want to end the contract and he has not paid any money to me. The amount is in escrow. Will it affect my profile or JSS? Kindly revert. 

Whatever feedback the client leaves will affect your JSS, yes. If you end the contract at this point, the money in Escrow goes back to the client.

If no money ends up changing hands, no feedback will be visible on your profile, but it still affects your JSS for better or for worse.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths