🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Including an invoice to the contract
Page options
hamedmtn
Community Member

Including an invoice to the contract

Hi everyone.
  My client asked me to buy a basic membership of shutterstock. i want to include the cost to our contract. But as i know upwork will reduce the commission from that (shutterstock membership cost). I want to know if there is anything i can do to seperate my earnings and the secondary expenses.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Erfan S wrote:

I want to know if there is anything i can do to seperate my earnings and the secondary expenses.

No, there isn't other than doing the calculation. It would be much better if the client bought the Shutterstock membership themselves.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Erfan S wrote:

I want to know if there is anything i can do to seperate my earnings and the secondary expenses.

No, there isn't other than doing the calculation. It would be much better if the client bought the Shutterstock membership themselves.

hamedmtn
Community Member

Ok thanks

hamedmtn
Community Member

So regarding your solution;Is it ok to share the user and password of the shutterstock account for him to make the purchase?

petra_r
Community Member

Erfan S wrote:

So regarding your solution;Is it ok to share the user and password of the shutterstock account for him to make the purchase?

Your account you mean? That wouldn't be allowed by Shutterstock as te licence or membership is only for one person. The client can set up an account for you to use and buy the membership for that. Then the client can kill that account once the contract is finished.

hamedmtn
Community Member

Yeah, but even if he does that, he should send the username and password of it to, would be fine right?

petra_r
Community Member

I'd say so. Maybe ask Shutterstock Support to make sure? Maybe they offer vouchers the clint could buy?

hamedmtn
Community Member

Ok thanks

Shutterstock is one of these websites that always seems to offer discounts or free trials to first-time users, so I always tell my clients that they should sign up for an account themselves (do a quick Google search and you might be able to find a promo code). And it's really easy for them to just download photos and then put them in Dropbox, or use We Transfer - I've never had a client who wasn't able to figure it out.

As with most stock websites, you can pick out some suitable photos on your client's behalf, then send them the link to purchase them.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members