🐈 Community
leebrettster

Incoming messages

My profile ( **Edited for Community Guidelines**) has been approved. Payment method is done. I did submit proposals but it seems something wrong with my incoming messages. So I am not sure if my proposals have been read. Please I need your assistance urgently.

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r

@Lee B wrote:
My profile (xxxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx) has been approved. Payment method is done. I did submit proposals but it seems something wrong with my incoming messages. So I am not sure if my proposals have been read. Please I need your assistance urgently.

There is no such thing as a notification whether your proposals have been read. A read proposal does not mean you'll get invited for interview.

As a new freelancer most of your proposals will likely go unanswered, that is normal.

Posting your email on a public form is insanity by the way, unless you really want every spambot in the known universe to spam the hell out of you, so you want to edit that...

joanbonjoc

Hi Lee,

Sorry to hear this. Can you please send a private message with screenshot of the error that you received? Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Lee, with all due respect, on an über-competitive platform such as Upwork you want to put a bit a lot more effort into your profile. As a client I'd close it after the first line.

Wild mix of unrelated "skills" - "translation any language" (WTH?) - no portfolio, no educational history, no employment history...

It takes effort to get there, and you will! Put love to your profile, be honest about your skills, organize it in a list-like format perhaps so that it looks clearer and easy to read. Make sure not to have any grammar errors (really important!).

I'd also suggest that you sign up for this webinar: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Good luck!

@Lee B wrote:
My profile ( **Edited for Community Guidelines**) has been approved. Payment method is done. I did submit proposals but it seems something wrong with my incoming messages. So I am not sure if my proposals have been read. Please I need your assistance urgently.

There is no notification when a client reads your proposals, so no need to worry about your messaging. I should think you want to work on your profile some more before submitting proposals anyway. 

Your claim to translate into any language might invite ridicule on this forum, so be warned. You do realise, though, that a translation client will often have the text proofread by a different freelancer who is native in the target language? You don't want to get feedback on that contract, then. 

Learning Paths