cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Banking Info - NOT

wendy_writes
Community Guru

I just received this:  The only problem is that my account info is accurate - as can be attested to by the prior payment that went thru. 

Can someone please explain -

"We have received a notification from your bank that your bank account number is not entered correctly on Upwork. While your withdrawal was processed successfully, your future withdrawals may be put on hold by the bank until this information is corrected.

As your bank account number cannot be directly edited on Upwork, you will need to re-add your bank account information as a new bank account and delete your old bank account information to update your details.

To add a bank account payment method:

1. Gather your bank account details.
  2. Click the Settings icon and click Get Paid under User Settings.
  3. Click Add a payment method.
  4. Click the Set Up button for ACH transfer.
  5. Enter your bank account details and click Next.

To remove your bank account payment method:

1. Click the Settings icon and click Get Paid under User Settings.
  2. Under Payment Methods, find the one you want to remove and click its edit link.
  3. Click Remove.

Please refer to this help page with more information about adding bank account details on Upwork:
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063818-How-do-I-set-up-to-get-paid-by-ACH-

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Regards,
Justin
Upwork Billing and Payments"

4 REPLIES 4
tgstudio
Community Guru

It did mention in the letter below that the payment did go through but in the future it may not.

You need to contact your bank and/or Upwork further about this. I know a while back (not here but on another platform) that I accidentally left off some zeros on my account not realizing that those were included in my account #.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wendy,

Could you please check your account information with your bank and re-add it following the instructions outlined in the ticket to avoid any issues with future withdrawals.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Upwork
lysis10
Community Guru

Wendy, do you happen to have a really old bank account? My bank informed me a while ago that because my account is so old and was started at a branch that was bought out by the current bank that I might run across an issue with my routing number if I don't add a 0 prefix to it.

Maybe it's something weird like that.

Thanks, everyone.  I 'added' the same info .... and now we will see.

I wonder if the system will get confused by having duplicate data  ....    Smiley Tongue

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS