🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Incorrect amount
Page options
1f405438
Community Member

Incorrect amount

Hi! I was supposed to be paid 301,259NGN into my local bank account and I was paid 250,000NGN
I contacted my local bank and they said they didn’t remove any exchange fee, and that I was able to receive 250,000 NGN because of the type of account I have with them, now They told me to contact Upwork so that they can send the remaining 50,000NGN now Upwork is owing me 50,000NGN.... kindly look into
19 REPLIES 19
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ifemayowa,

Just to confirm, are you referring to the exchange rate or something else? I would like to clarify that the difference in exchange rates is not something Upwork can control. When a bank converts a transaction, they will mark up the interbank rate to buy or sell a currency. Online calculators will not take into consideration the mark up that is applied. Since rates constantly change throughout any given day, the rate you received is the rate offered by our bank at the time your specific transaction was processed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
1f405438
Community Member

I’m not referring to the exchange rate , my local bank didn’t charge anything for the exchange rate. I already complained to the bank.
Kindly look into this!!!!

The right amount wasn’t sent!as at the time my transaction was processed,Upwork’s bank rate was 361 In NGN!!!! So what happened? I didn’t receive the right amount that I was supposed to be paid....
If Upwork’s bank rate is 361 NGN , that means i was meant to collect 301,259
Why do you have to send 250,000 when my local bank account said they didn’t charge me for any exchange rate!!!
Kindly look into this

Ifemayowa O wrote:
The right amount wasn’t sent!as at the time my transaction was processed,Upwork’s bank rate was 361 In NGN!!!! So what happened? I didn’t receive the right amount that I was supposed to be paid....
Why do you have to send 250,000 when my local bank account said they didn’t charge me for any exchange rate!!!
Kindly look into this

Which bank are you using? I pay exchange fees every time and am desperately looking for a bank without exchange fees.

Hi Ifemayowa,

Our team reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your withdrawal. You can access your ticket section on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
1f405438
Community Member

Kindly look into this and check the files below
That’s my local bank statement.

Hi Ifemayowa,

Feel free to follow up directly on your ticket with any additional questions or information you may have and our team will assist you further. You can access your ticket on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I replied an email **Edited for Community Guidelines**from Upwork Support sent to me, I already provided my bank statement. Kindly reply my email and contact your payment team

I haven’t gotten any reply yet from you!!! Kindly contact your payment team and refund me...
here’s a file of my bank statement

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ifemayowa,

Resta assured, our team will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further directly there. Thank you for your patience. 

~ Goran
Upwork

What’s wrong? You said you would contact Payment team and get back to me
I already sent my bank statement to Upwork support via email! Why is it taking so long?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ifemayowa,

Our team will follow up with you directly via your existing ticket once they review the document you've provided.

Thank you for your patience! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Always get your payment in US dollars. Open a USD account and receive the payment through Payoneer in USD. The banks can be crazy, there'll slam any outrageous exchange rate on you. And avoid GTB if you don't wish to pay extra landing fees.

I assume you are accounting for the Upwork fee which was deducted??

No Mary! Upwork deducted the service fees already before I withdrew it!! They sent an inaccurate amount to me!!!

I guess that’s what I would do in order to avoid unnecessary stress like this...

Upwork support should at least reply my emails and give me updates now!!!
This is taking too long

Hello Mirasol!
I already highlighted the particular amount I received for my recent withdrawal on 18/05/2021
Kindly check and get back to me soon!
I was meant to get 301,259 and I got #250,000
Kindly check and return the remaining money..:

**Edited for community guidelines**

You mentioned that the bank didn't charge any exchange fee at all. This sounds strange, as we all now how expensive banks can be usually. I suspect they meant that there was no exchange flat fee

but there was a hugecurrency conversion fee

I would talk with the bank first and ask them if there was any currency conversion fee, which may be different than exchange flat fees

Usually banks charge high currency conversion fees 

I hope this is not your case and there was some kind of mistake and you will eventually get all of the money you worked for

https://www.finsmes.com/2019/03/how-to-avoid-crazy-high-currency-exchange-fees.html

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members