cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase Connects

haqayyube
Muhammad H Member Since: Apr 19, 2015
1 of 59

Is there any way to increase job connects free of cost or any solution ?

fergusm1970
Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
2 of 59

No. 60 is plenty.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
priyanka_hit
Ace Contributor
Priyanka K Member Since: Jun 15, 2015
3 of 59

R u sure 60 is plenty? Lot's of people want much more. 60 means u can apply for 30 job in month.

fergusm1970
Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
4 of 59

"Lot's of people want much more."

I know. However, giving them much more would bring back the irrelevant bids that made oDesk such a horrible place to work. The whole point of connects is to limit the number of jobs people can bid on. If everyone can bid on as many as they want clients just get overwhelmed with timewasters and go elsewhere. I used 26 connects last month.

"60 means u can apply for 30 job in month."

Yes. Better choose them carefully.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
dinny85
Bilal H Member Since: Jun 30, 2015
5 of 59

Sorry to intrupt but what of the new joiners! they apply for the job some get declined some unanswered client post the job and never bother to look after how many have applied on the job. all the benifits goes to the client in this system here. 

dinny85
Bilal H Member Since: Jun 30, 2015
6 of 59

I was very happy with odesk now upwork when i use to apply for the job and when the client decline my job request the proposal was use to get back to me and i was able to apply for he new job. But now with this connect sdystem i am not able to get jobs. I apply for the job 30 in total  for the month 15 of them get declined 14 of them never get answered and only 1 job gets to the interview and that is also up to the client if he is willing to hire you or not! I mean all the leverage is gone to the client what the freelancer is getting!!!!

screeler
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
7 of 59

Bilal, you're preachin' to the choir. Like they say... use your connects wisely. Don't just apply to every Tom D*ck and Harry that comes along. Make sure those connects count! Smiley Happy 

ziadbd
Ace Contributor
ziad a Member Since: Apr 12, 2016
8 of 59

Hi, Bilal, I agree with you completely. This new system of upwork is not at all commendable. With so much competition, you need to be able to make at least 60 proposals per month. I don't understand what's going on in the minds of the decision makers!! They must be out of their minds or looking out for their profit only. 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
9 of 59

Welcome to life. I probably pay more in gas to go on an interview and waste half a day just to hear nothing sometimes. I'd rather pay $2 and move on to the next bid all in my pajamas and within 10 minutes of time.

screeler
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
10 of 59

I have an aversion to authority but since Upwork isn't the authority, I'll just say don't blame the company, blame the freelancers that used and abused the bidding system so that Upwork had to implement connects. There's always someone that gets greedy and doesn't care what it does to everyone else. Just my 2 cents. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS