Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase Connects

jmeyn
Community Guru
Joachim M Member Since: Mar 23, 2015
21 of 59

@Priyanka K wrote:

R u sure 60 is plenty? Lot's of people want much more. 60 means u can apply for 30 job in month.

True 60 allows for 30 applications. That means choose carefully, bid on relevant jobs only or buy additional connects. The latter takes care that you  bid on relevant jobs only. That's the purpose of limiting the number of connects.

sunny_zbac
Sandeep kumar K Member Since: Oct 8, 2020
22 of 59

Truly Said.

sunny_zbac
Sandeep kumar K Member Since: Oct 8, 2020
23 of 59

Very True

sipallob
Saiful Islam P Member Since: Jul 29, 2015
24 of 59

60 connects is being plenty if it would be 1 for 1. it called 60 connects but actually 30 connects/proposal get 1 FL.  1 for 2 connects needed. It is the 1st poor system of upwork from beging & day by day upwork is loosing their freelancer, clients & reputation. Freelancer(FL) will leave the upwork soon rather they doesnt change the poor system of connect policy. I am already disappointed about upwork & i have left.

ziadbd
Ace Contributor
ziad a Member Since: Apr 12, 2016
25 of 59

Mr Saiful, I agree with you completely. Many clients and freelancers have disapproved the system and have left upwork. 

gmurtaza123
Ghulam M Member Since: Dec 16, 2016
26 of 59

Agreed

brittalpana
Soumen D Member Since: Jun 14, 2016
27 of 59

Plenty Smiley Surprised wow that means you applied and clients hire you in every jobs? 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
28 of 59

If you think you need more, the best thing I think is to pay for rollover, which is $10/month.

theegroup
Ace Contributor
Brian E Member Since: Jul 21, 2015
29 of 59

+1 and then if you're super successful and need even more just pay another $1

computerhxr
Community Guru
Daniel C Member Since: Nov 21, 2010
30 of 59

If you have to bid on 30 jobs without getting a single client, then there's a problem.  It tells me that there are a lot of unqualified people who want work.  You're playing odds if your acceptance rate is that low.  A client shouldn't have to sift through a bunch of garbage proposals.

Another thing is that you should be building clientele over time.  You should need fewer and fewer connects as time goes on.

The cold hard truth is that there are way more freelancers than there is work.  That means that the market needs to be adjusted to balance everything out.  Not everyone should be able to get work, even if they have some skills and willingness to work. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS